Good 7.4v LiPo stick battery? And other questions on upgrading my dboys ak.

Hatman

Good day everyone, I've come back to airsoft after a long hiatus and my first job is getting my dboys AKS-74 in excellent shape. I've already put an upgraded gearbox together but now comes the other problems. Woo.

The battery:

I really, badly, horribly want to replace that god awful bolt with the VFC dummy one as seen here. In order to do so I need to make a new home for Mr. Battery. My thoughts were to keep it in the same place, but use a much shorter stick battery and to hack the whole of the dummy piston off (I never really liked it that much on my G&G anyway). Therefore, my eyes have been brought to these new-fangled LiPos that Infected's guide very ably introduced me to.

I need a LiPo which can match or just about better the performance of a 9.6v 1600mAh manufactured by Intellect. Preferably, it must be a 20mm diameter stick battery no longer than about 180mm but if the only option is a box battery I guess I'll have to get my hacksaw out. There are plenty of 11.1v batteries available, but (correct me if I am wrong) these are unsuitable because I only want a 'pretty damned nice' ROF as opposed to a 'where did my limbs go?' ROF, so I’m after a 7.4v.

I have looked around and found a few possibilities such as this and this. However, I might be wrong but the 20C rating + 800mAh = 16A of discharge rate which is ever so slightly rubbish? Or did I miss something?

The hop:

I'm after a very good level of accuracy in this gun. I intend to use the hop chamber off an old, unused cyma ak and a Madbull rubber. Are these poor choices?

Lastly a question on the barrel, I need a 500mm barrel, and will get the lovely PDI one from here. It says "(Only fit Marui M14)." This is just them making a point about the length, yes? There isn't a difference in design that means it won't fit? Silly question really but I have to be sure. : )

As always, thank you very much for your time and words. : )

well the two you linked may fit but will not last.

800mAh is very small, think like an aep battery

is 500mAh.

you will have to find somewhere to fit the battery if

you install the bold carrier kit, possibly in a stock or

a battery sling?

you have the C rating correct, you really want a

battery at 2000mAh capacity or higher. have a

check in the lipo sticky, i know its not specific but

covers most bases for lipo use.

i get lithium batteries from hobbycity.com

they have a handy battery configuration search

and state dimensions. so you may be able to find

what you need there.

hops and barrels i cant really help with.

Actually, the LiPo thread is specific: Clicky

That is a link to a post I made of a specific battery that might be what you are looking for. 26A; a bit better. Definitely stay away from the two you linked.

Also, I haven't had any real experience with cyma hopup units, so I can't comment on that, but I've used Madbull buckings for a while now and loved them.

As for the M14 barrels, if I remember correctly, the barrels are cut a certain way only for M14s so it probably wont work for you. But I'm not 100% sure on this. *goes off to research some more*

Archived