aug trigger mechanism and mag catch

Wutang

The four screws on the top side of the trigger mech (when viewed with the upper receiver off) will allow you to remove the trigger... it just lifts straight out with no hassle at all.

For the mag catch, unscrew the nut and bolt holding it in place and pop it out - be careful not to lose the spring and brass tube.

I want to give my Aug receiver a paintjob and would like to remove all the moving parts out of the receiver before painting. As I have never attempted to do this before, can anybody tell me how or put up a guide. Thanks a lot.

Use a flathead to remove the long screw holding in the magcatch. Pull out. Sometimes the brass-axle gets stuck. work it out and GLUE it into place when re-installing so this doesnt happen again.

Unscrew the 4 muzzle-end screws right above the trigger mech. Slide the assembly down towards the butt and look through the quick-strip-pin's hole and remove the pair of screws. This will separate into: 1) the trigger mech & about 6 inches of plastic beaming and 2) the metal triggerbeam that goes around the magwell to the gearbox.

Archived