Dboy gearbox with two full auto modes

Kye

Hello all

I have a Dboy V2 gearbo in which I have have to replace the trigger switch unit with one from a JG V2 gearbox. I have copies the wiring layout from the original trigger switch to the new switch.

The gun in question is a Dboy M4and uses the stocl motor

However I have a problem. Full auto works absolutely fine- squeeze the trigger and it does what it says on the tin. Put the selector to semi and the motor goes off on full auto mode, without the trigger being operated!

Can anyone come up with any ideas to over come this? I'm guessing the switch contacts between the two differ slightly and that I have rewired the new switch the wrong way round. I'm going to try swapping the wires around to see what happens.

Also, how does the motor 'know' when to stop in semi auto??

Thanks in advance :)

In semi, a cut-off lever is flipped by a lobe on the sector gear, the cut-off lever opens the switch, cutting current to the motor. When the trigger is released, the switch resets for the next time you pull the trigger. When you select semi, the selector plate does not interfere with the cut off, but when you select auto, the selector plate locks the cut-off lever so that the lobe on the sector gear will not flip it, thus it does not open the switch, and the gun fires until you release the trigger.

Your problem may be that the selector plate is not moving or fitting properly, it does not release the cut-off lever, and it completes the circuit (shorting around the switch), causing the gun to fire own it's own. JG and Dboys seem to have different enough dimensions that this may cause such a fitment issue.

This happened to my rifle when I resoldered a faulty wire. It went full auto when my selector went from "Safe" to "Semi." Don't know why, but after a few more switches to semi and back, the problem was resolved.

My guess is static electricity left from soldering? Try switching it to semi and back a few times.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, at least you can cross out one diagnosis off the list.

Archived