G&G Top Tech Armalite

Stuey

So - I want an Armalite, and a full-length one at that. After checking around various sites, I have concluded that the Top Tech series is the king of Armalites, and I want to see if the good people of Arnies will agree or shoot this down.

Full metal, spring release, bolt catch, a reliable blowback system, good internals and solid construction. However, the Airsoft International review said the front handguard was wobbly, but this hasn't been repeated anywhere else? A fluke?

The only other thing I was worried about was the aluminium piston head causing the front of the gearbox to crack, but the RedWolf review revealed that it has a heavily damped cylinder head. However, would it be a good idea for me to replace the piston head with a plastic one as soon as possible? If so, which piston head would you recommend?

I want to know if anyone has any experience with one of these guns :).

If there are any problems, my second choice is an ICS M16, which I pretty much know will be a good reliable gun!

Stu.

Thanks vowlesy, I did think about the hop-up that's a very good point...I was thinking about replacing it with the King Arms one anyway...but the ICS one is probably still better...

I wasn't too bothered about the blowback though apparently it does make a cool sound - I was more bothered about the fact that it has spring release and bolt catch.

Anyone else used a Top Tech?

Stu.

Archived