JG "Dragunov" 9.6V stick battery possible?

lukvdh

Hi,

I have a JG "Dragunov" AK.

It has many problems with gearbox cycling, most of the time the firing stops after 1 round.

I read somewhere putting a 9.6V battery in (replacing the 8.4) could be a "remedy".

But all 9.6V stick-type batteries are longer than the space in the gun (lenght 20cm).

Is there a battery somewhere that is 9.6 volts AND fits the JG (Dragunov) AK?

Or: perhaps someone knows a(n other) fix for the gearbox jam with this gun?

Thanks in advance!

Are you using the stock battery? If so they are a bit junk and might not deliver sufficient 'oomph' (or more technically, sufficient charge flow) to the motor, meaning that the motor effectively runs out of steam when its under the most demand and your gearbox locks up.

I would first try and get a decent stick battery either from Vapextech, Intellech or if you want to spend a little more GP (note, not G&P), only reason I mention the latter is that they are very good cells and I have some 1100s of theres that have taken a battering charge wise over 5 years and have all sat discharged for about a year but recently all charged to full capacity in one fast charge sitting.

If with a decent output battery you still have problems then I would go down the usual route of checking shimming, grease, motor height etc.

Finally, 99% of lock ups are due to releasing the trigger too early, which is effectively like pulling the rug from under the motor power wise so a new battery and using deliberate pull hold and release movements with your trigger finger in semi should be your first things to do before going inside the gun.

You could also look into a Lipo, you should be able to find a decent one that fits the space available quite cheaply, although that will require a new charger. Couple it with deans connecters and you should get some excellent trigger response to boot.

Archived