m4 gearbox to SCAR body

DFM56

I have a chance to pick up a SCAR body (dboys) for a decent price, I was just wondering how much work would be required to drop my m4 gearbox into it? Is the hop-up unit compatible?

After using my m4 for a few skirmishes and using a friend's SCAR, I liked the feel of the scar more, especially since I can't spend much money on scar externals, and I can do anything to my m4 that my (rather limited) wallet lets me :rolleyes: . I do like how my m4 is performing after a few parts I threw in, so I want the scar to use the gearbox currently in my m4, and if possible, the hop-up unit.

Plus, SCARs look so damn good with an ELCAN, and I don't have enough CADPAT to use it on my m4  :D

-DFM

also the scar uses a different type of hop unit to the m4, I dont know whether they are compatible.

I just saw that in a picture review of the dboys, so hopefully the unit itsself isn't junk. 

Thanks for the answer skoda! that shouldn't affect the box if I ever put it back in my m4 right? EDIT: wait, the spring for the mag release rests on that right? damn.

Archived