Building a better Shotgun: A TM M3 Clone Mod Diary

judgeman

It is no small secret that I have a fetish for shotguns that borders on the obsessive.

What is a secret, is that I've had on my minds back burner for some time, is a rebuild of a shotgun I cobbled together some many years ago with less then 100% success.

The base gun for this project will be a Double Eagle M3 Multi-Shot Spring Shotgun, the shorty with the full stock bolted on.

The first mod I intend to do, is dremel out and add a replacement stock in the form of a Choate Mk. 6 Remington 870 style stock

mk6-2.jpg

I have in the past, successfully hollowed one of these out to the point it would indeed fit on the M3, I just never had the longer stock screw and had to sort of "ghettofy it" using four screws that just looked horrible.

The next step will be (god willing) a custom front flip-up sight ala the Resident Evil M104 shotguns. I hate the stock sights on the M3, and the idea of flip ups intrigues me a little, so why not.

From there? We'll see. I hope you enjoy the progress as this comes together as much as I will putting it together.

I'm going to try, if not I'm sure I could get a custom insert made here at the school I go to in Pittsburgh, quite the little machining shop these industrial design kids have. I should note that this project will be updated as frequently as I can, they won't allow us nerf guns let alone a airsoft shotgun at our dorms, so i'd have to have the parts shipped to my house in Ohio and work on it when i'm home on break. But i'm currently working on a way around that.

Archived