WE 1911 problems

jez

Got a free WE 1911 of a freind knowing it had problems so on inspection the mag had not bottom cover, spring or BB chute but i fabricated a cover, sorced a spring and chute from a springer to test the gun and see what the problem was.

Once loaded and gassed, i can have about 3-5 shots if im lucky then the top will do a full cycle but the hammer will stay down half way and i cant fire again until i take out the mag, recock, fire empty (with no mag) then put the mag back in and start again where i get another 3-5 shots.

a friend said it may be the sears in the handle but im not sure how to go about seeing what a normal positioned one would look like if this is the problem.

has anybody encountered this before and had a solution, is this a common problem?

thanks for replys in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just solved a similar problem which I though was a seal problem...

Check the valve knocker, on mine there was a fraction of a mm's worth of metal sheared off the rest that keeps it in place while the slide cycles... I tested a new (borrowed) Marui hi-capa 5.1 in it's place and problem solved...

Now I just need to find a Marui 5.1 valve knocker in the U.K. :(

Archived