MSAR Carbine

BFOUR

I saw the MSAR concept Carbine awhile abck and had this project in mind and finaly started it.

2hx7myq.jpg

2j4sd2e.jpg

The outer shell is a JG Aug, the inner gun is a KWA G18C

wvse38.jpg

wagjg9.jpg

If you look closley the mechanism that pushes the trigger is the original from the JG Aug, turned upside down and a old BAR10 Hop up arm id plasticwelded onto it.

2wchgcg.jpg

Magazine release functions very well. Needs to be cleaned up a bit but it works for now.

I epicly messed up in the staging process and cut the inner cocking mechanisms not relizing I would need them/could mod them. So now Im thinking of a way to cock the slide back.

To do list:

Bolt release

Sanding inside for slide clearance

Tap the upper reciever

Exterior magwell [Plastic sheet and bondo]

Modify Ejection Port

Ive also got an idea for a slide release so I can seal this up but still do maintenace but have the Glock slide slide out the front of the reciever.

Well see what happens. If I got make a mechanical Mechanism I will simply mill out slots to get some small screw drivers in there to push down the button.

Ill update tomorrow dpending on how what else I get done.

hey,

quick question , what seperates this from an aug? would it have been easier to make a modification to the magwell?

or is it that you wanted to create a gas fed low cap ? just trying to get a handle on the concept. dont think im critisising ya hehe just unfimiliar with that model.

The real one runs off of Glock standard and extended mags. Its being offered in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45.

I did want the gas fed low cap, and I plain old like doing custom jobs lol. I talked to a guy who owns this gun and when you break it down he said its almsot exactly as if they suspended a glock inside the frame. I had the Glock I had the AUG so I saif why not lol.

Yeah I guess it is. But the real steel is completley on its own level, only using Glock Magazines. the original was similar to someone slamemd a pistol down an Augs throat but the grey one(the production model) has its own setup inside. The HERA is very nice and that was my original project but I dropped it.

I have bad news, the MCS is gonna look somewhat different from the prototype.

It ejects from the bottom, as well as having swappable mag wells (still a maybe on that part though), it will also come in 357 sig and possibly 5.7

It also might end up having ambidextrous charging handles.

I have bad news, the MCS is gonna look somewhat different from the prototype.

It ejects from the bottom, as well as having swappable mag wells (still a maybe on that part though), it will also come in 357 sig and possibly 5.7

It also might end up having ambidextrous charging handles.

Yeah I know about that. Anything that is ambi is by shooters choice. You swap the part to the other side along witha left handed bolt face. I was glad to find out it ejects fromt he bottom cause that means less fill in work. The grey one I have posted is whats in production right now.

• 2 weeks later...
"The grey one I have posted is whats in production right now."

LOL, NOPE. The gun is still deep in prototype stages, all sorts of things have changed since then.

Do you have some proof cause Ive talked to the company about it before I made the post and this is what they showed me

The best proof I have is that Joe (known on AR 15 as Rizzo5586) their head engineer (and only gun engineer right now) is one of my best friends.

That is the most recent produced real prototype, but seeing as how guns are made in computers now, the design evolves a LOT between manufacturing tests. The thing is they have been putting all the effort into getting the Archangel pistol on the street.So right now the MCS development has slowed dramatically. It should resume full swing soon, as I believe that is the next release target.

My point is really that at this point basing a gun off it is a little silly, as so much can change between now and its release.

Archived