King Arms SIG 556 series..

hwagan

Morning/Afternoon/Evening world,

I've just found out my favourite airsoft retailer has just received a load of King Arms 556's. Ever since seeing the first pictures of the 'Shorty' model, i've been in love. I'm a massive fan of Armalites (Go on, shoot me ;) ), and i've always had a liking for the SIG rifles. Now that some walking god has thought of combining the two, i'm practically queefing with excitement. And it shouldn't even be possible for me to queef. I'm actually that excited.

I've spent hours trawling internetasaurus for information on the things, but i'm not finding much. I'm fairly confident in the quality of King Arms' products - i've seen lots of good reviews of their AEG's, and all the KA accessories i own are nice. All i've managed to find so far is various advertising and retailer information, and information about the longer rifles.

What i'm after, if any of you lovely gun-toting folk can provide it, is the following information on the shorty model:

Stock - How bad is the wobble? I've heard it's pretty dreadful. Is this down to the stock, or down to the buffer tube?

Batteries - I've never owned a LiPo before, but i'm told if i buy a proper charger it'll be fine. Can someone reassure me i'm not going to end up with a face full of lithium? Can the gun take any kind of out the box NiMh?

Magazines - Anyone know if CA and Dboys hicaps will fit?

Those are the main things i'm interested to know, but if anyone has one of the things, i implore you - fill my brain with your tasty knowledge, and engorge my eyes with pictures of it with RIS mounted ###### all over it.

Also, if i've posted this in the wrong area somehow, please feel free to move this post/type angrily at me in capitals. I'm new to this forum!

Thanks a lot :)

lol yeah that gun caught my eye when my favorite store received it too...

but I'm trying to keep to my "purely" H&K collection lol

From the less than 30 minutes i've held the gun my impression is...

Stock - it's pretty much the stock that wobbles...most of it is pretty much plastic abs anyways...maybe down the line they'll make a metal ver.

Li-Po batteries - smaller, packs more punch from the voltage...it's not as dangerous as anyone says. Just make sure to keep it at room temperature and never leave it in heat too long or have it wobble and bang along the inside of where you'd keep your battery in your AEG. and yes lol you need to have a Li-Po charger. Most if not all Li-Po batteries has an input wire for charging and output wire for Tamiya connections ( the []() - ()[] wires)

Magazines - someone's gotta help out with that...haven't had much experience with different branded mags not being able to fit in other branded guns. But I think they should have no problem fitting.

Try asking your favorite retailer if they got any other branded mags to fit in there...pretty sure they should.

Good Luck. It is a really "unique" looking gun...but like I said...

H&K FTW!

Nothing wrong with a bit of brand loyalty! Thanks very much for the info, i'm not too keen on the looks of the stock anyway so i reckon i'll swap the stock out for an old school M4 type (the XM style rather than the newer LE ones), get a lipo in the buffer tube and a few other bits. I'm heading to the store on the 30th with the intention of buying one, so i'll be able to test some mags then..

Anyone actually had a good look at one? I'd be very grateful of any more information.

There should be a guide about LiPo batteries in the Tech section. They arent dangerous if you take care of them correctly.

BUT BEWARE OF HAVING IT IN A METAL STOCK TUBE! If it explodes because of damage or whatever, you are containing the explosion in a pipebomb with one exit. And that is pressed up against your shoulder. You will feel the most realistic recoil an AEG can make, but it will also be kinda hot. So.. To recap. Bad idea...

LiPo is a pretty mature technology these days. If you look at all the horror stories over the years - especially vids of LiPo packs sparking up - most of them are due to the packs being horribly abused, and current packs have a much, much lower failure rate than earlier packs did.

The one thing you really have to watch with LiPo (apart from balanced charging, and not discharging below 3V per cell) is that you do not puncture any of the cells. I would much rather have a soft-shelled LiPo pack sitting inside a stock tube where its protected from damage than floating around in a tac vest just waiting to be punctured when you hit the ground hard.

Anyway, King Arms' SIG556. The Hop-up unit is a pig to adjust due to its position in the mag well (basically, its KA's one piece M4 Hop-up unit retrofitted with a larger adjustment dial) The stock wobbles - but that can be solved with a bit of gaffa on top of the stock tube. Other than that, there ain't much wrong with it.

Thanks, that's all very useful information, hugely appreciated. I'm not too fussed if it's a bit tricky to set the hop in the 556, the fact it's a 556 makes it more than worth it :)

I'm fairly lax when it comes to batteries, i tend not to discharge my NiMh's, but i'm going to assume this isn't an option from what i gather. It's looking like i have no other option besides a LiPo in the buffer tube, as i can't find the KA specific battery anywhere, and i have no knowledge of making battery packs, nor am i looking to try. And a gun with visible battery wires might as well be called a 'marker'. So from what i've learned here i need to do the following things...

Get a decent charger, read the instructions and discharge the battery every time? Is there some kind of charger that will do this for me? I'm rubbish with electricals and maths, and i'd rather not have to work out exact charging/discharging times and stuff.

If it's in the stock tube, save it from banging around - I'm guessing some kind of padding to prevent impacts, but by doing this am i running the risk of overheating the battery?

As a safety precaution, and to avoid the 'Pipe bomb' effect, would it be a good idea to drill a couple of holes on the underside of the buffer tube, just in case it does go horribly wrong? I quite like my shoulder.

Cheers for the help all! :)

Archived