Hop jamming, M15

GuzziHero

I'm a bit lost with this one...

2 games ago, my CA XM177E2 jammed and the gearbox locked. Checking it, I found that the first 2 gears had broken teeth off so replaced them.

Last game, it jammed in game even though the hop was set quite low.

Changed to a Madbull Shark hop bucking and a H-hop nub, and its jamming constantly. Ive tried 2 types of BBs and its the same with both.

I'm now thinking compression, but does anyone have any other possible suggestions?

Cheers.

If the compression was poor enough to not get the BB past the hop rubber, you probably wouldn't have an issue with the usual jamming related damage (piston and gears).

Jamming BBs in the hop is not generally a prime cause of a gearbox lock-up.

You say the "first two gears", is that the bevel and spur, or the sector and spur?

Have you checked the hop is actually 'off' when it's set off?

You may have a nub (or nub carrier) that's tight in the hop unit, and doesn't move upwards when the adjuster is wound off.

I'm not familiar with the 177 hop, is it similar to the 'usual' M4 hop unit?

Is your nozzle movement/travel OK?

First thing would be to seperate the upper and lower gearbox and shoot the gun.

Stick your hand in front of the nozzle and check air is blowing out of it.

If it all cycles OK then you can cross that off the list for now.

At the same time take the opportunity to remove the inner barrel and have a look down the hop-up.

FWIW, after the performance with the hop-up in the Madbull 470 gearbox I'd never touch another madbull hop-up-related product ever again.

Drop a BB into the hop up and see if it goes through the barrel easily.

If that all works re-assemble the gun and see what happens.

If you still end up with BBs stuck in the barrel after firing THEN you need to consider there's a big problem with compression somewhere.

Archived