Classic Army Xm177E2

hwagan

Ello,

Quick one - Can anyone tell me how the CA XM177 breaks down? I'm looking to get a tightbore barrel, and i'm wondering mainly if the upper receiver hinges forward to allow the barrel to be removed without fiddling with the wires to the handguard? I hate wires, so very much. Can the barrel be removed without having to mess with aforementioned hated wires?

Cheers!

Ello,

Quick one - Can anyone tell me how the CA XM177 breaks down? I'm looking to get a tightbore barrel, and i'm wondering mainly if the upper receiver hinges forward to allow the barrel to be removed without fiddling with the wires to the handguard? I hate wires, so very much. Can the barrel be removed without having to mess with aforementioned hated wires?

Cheers!

I'm 95% sure it's not going to open like a real AR does. IIRC you have to remove the front body pin (maybe even the rear too, but I doubt it), unplug the connectors from the front, there should be some sort of spade connectors or something going to the front, slide the upper reciever off a little ways (like a cm or two) then pull back the charging handle slightly and continue to push the upper reciever off. You pull back on the charging handle so that the catch on the top of the gearbox doesnt get stuck. You'll need to pull the charging handle back far enough to get it over the little stub. BE CAREFULL not to overstretch the charging handle spring or you wont have a charging handle that slams forward anymore.

After that it should all go smoothly, swap and reassemble in the reverse order.

All CA's break apart the same way with the upper sliding forwards so you're going to have to disconnect the wires.

Like UrPeaceKeeper said its just a case of disconnecting some spade connectors which are most likely to be heat shrinked so just cut that off and pull them apart. When you put it back together just remember to wrap a little electrical tape around them to stop any shorts.

Archived