Madbull Powder shot 2 gas grenade

100_0954.jpg

I tacked this on to a redwolf order last week mainly because i thought it would be perfect for tormenting my friends and family. As most of you may be able to infer from the title, this is the second in Madbull's dummy, foamy, grenade line. The previous powder shot grenade was just a hallow foam body with a functioning pin and spoon. The second version fills the hallow foam body with a metal gas chamber and timing assembly.

Upon removing the grenade from its plastic packaging I immediately noticed that it was much lighter than i thought it would be (weight not color). I would say that it weighs just barely 1 pound, if that. Hopefully this means that if someone gets bonked on the head it wont do too much damage, obviously underhand throws are recommended. Also upon receiving the grenade i noticed that my particular grenade was serial number #00001, aside from the warm fuzzing feeling that having the first one gave me, it also prompted me to do a write up; as i am the first guinea pig.

100_0953.jpg

With the spoon and pin firmly in place, turn the device upside down and proceed to fill it with gas just like any pistol magazine. Now pull the pin, toss (PROTIP: let the spoon fling off first then toss the grenade for cool points), and wait.

as you can see in the unlikely event that it lands standing up, it will launch itself 3-4 feet into the air; this may inspire some industrious booby trap enthusiasts.

After detonation you are left with this

100_0955.jpg

at this point you can simply push the rod back down, replace the spoon and pin then proceed to gas it up again. It's quite loud in person, loud enough to make my ears ring while testing it in my bedroom.

Madbull suggests that upon unboxing your grenade that you IMMEDIATELY strip it down and oil all the orings and moving parts. They even put out a video detailing the procedure

I have also chronicled this procedure, BUT WITH PICTURES! :D

First remove the allen screw at the base of the fuse

100_0956.jpg

then unscrew the fuse assembly

100_0957.jpg

next you can push the gas chamber out the bottom of the grenade body

100_0962.jpg

Now you are left wit this....thing. made of CNC T6 aluminum with some stainless steel parts

100_0958.jpg

to access all the seals and moving parts, simply unscrew the bottom chamber(farthest right). now you can oil all the o-rings(5 total)

100_0960.jpg

The timing mechanism consists of a threaded cap with an o-ring inside of it. tightening this cap increases the friction on the little bar that pops up lengthening the fuse time, loosening it shortens the fuse time. my only issue so far has been that the o-ring under this cap can easily be chewed up by the threads.

100_0961.jpg

Overall I'm quite happy with my foam noise making device. It does exactly what it says it does and every thing is made of high quality materials.

Pros

-Light

-Loud

-high quality materials

-fits in most common grenade pouches

-very easy to reset

-booby trap potential

Cons

-foam body will get a bit beat up

-easy to loose pin and spoon, i recommend removing them before you throw it

-O-rings seem to get a little dry after about 10 uses, remember to re-oil often

Thanks for reading

No accidental discharges yet fortunately as its quite easy to see when the thing is about to go off due to the little steel rod that shoots upwards. Timing so far has been pretty consistent, on its current setting mine goes off in 4-8 seconds

I got mine at redwolf for $38 they seem to be $50 in the us :(

Unfortunately there doesnt really seem to be anywhere for powder to go lol. its basically just one big gas reservoir

• 2 weeks later...
Also I hate to break it to you man but both of mine have serial number 01 aswell :P

NNNOOOOO :D thats...pointless, why even include a serial number if they are all the same. My timing has been pretty consistent, but the small o ring has been getting chewed up more and more so, this might be a consumable part <_< . I assume you have lubed everything heavily?