Making a CO2 Rig

BFOUR

Im trying to piece together a CO2 rig for my Tanaka M40. Ive got access to all the hardware in my fathers store but I need some help with the regulator. Does anyone know of a Regulator around $60 that will work.

Ill be using a RAP4 12g charger

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/disposabl...pter-p-239.html

And this is the regulator i had in mind, its a bob long 360 in-line regulator

360reg8.png

Can anyone tell me if this regulator will ok for what Im doing?

Thanks for anyhelp guys I appreciate it.

I am a paintball normally before airsofter. if you use that reg with co2 you may have major problemos. Only pb reg i know for a fact will work great with CO2 is the palmer stabilizer I mean since your using it on a bolt I may be wrong. But I would still recomend the palmer stabilizer

No good using a regulator if you don't know what pressure you're pumping out? Get a pressure guage also, quite inexpensive - one that reads in increments of 50psi or similer.

You'll need no more than 300psi on your guage.

You'd need a specific spring in the regulator too for the pressures you'll be working at.

Palmer do a complete setup ready to rock, no messing with a list of bits to hand that you THINK would be suitable, although that seems more convenient for you.

Find out if you don't already, what psi the gun is capable of withstanding before you do any damage to it or yourself.

I second that. Regulators usually deal with HPA/Nitro

If you dont use a regulator youll blow the seals inside the mag. You cant have an air rig without one unless you want to keep replacing your seals.

I ordered that reg and the gauges. Its taking longer, I got a call from them and they said their gauges were out of stock so I told them to just send out the reg for now. I have multiple gauges from RAP4. I know what I need to do for the rig. This reg I see no problems with. Ive researched it a bit, and so has Brainplay. When I get the reg Ill re do the OP as a build thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to thread jack but since this is also about CO2 conversion...

I want to convert my VSR10 to co2 and I was wondering if this set:

http://begadishop.com/catalog/product_info...dc017ebba78e8f4

In combination with a KIC gas bolt would work. I'd be fine with mounting the charger next to the scope.

I'm looking for 500 fps but the ability to charge it up to 600 for international games. I also hope to be able to fire of follow shots quicker than now with a 150 spring.

I wouldn't advise that, Palmer's do a complete setup for around $140 and the pipes will withstand a lot more, it says in the extra information in the link you provided that the max output is 140psi. I'm pretty sure that wont get you to 500fps, and almost certainly not 600. Also, It may be better if you were to not use the disposable canisters and instead were to use bigger refillable bottles, as these may be bigger and harder to carry, but will last for longer and be cheaper in the long run.

140 psi will get you beyond 500 fps, if your hammer is strong enough to open the valve...

green gas at 80PSI produces 450+FPS... extrapolate that...

Might I suggest something more purpose driven for your application?

Check out brainplay's guide on ASF or maybe something like a Cold Shot will work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived