4 vs 6 position AR-15 telescopic stocks

TheFull9

Hopefully a nice easy to question for anyone who might be in the know. I'm looking to put one of the older style 4 position stocks (G&P specific version for WA rifles, or a RS if I can get hold of one) on to my AGM GBBr for the purposes of converting it to an L119 SFW, however since the AGM upper receiver has proprietary threads for the buffer tube I'm kind of stuck with the 6 position tube, will there likely be any fitment issues here?

You've pretty much answered all your own questions.

The only difference between 4, 5 and 6 position stocks is the number of detentes drilled (or cast) into the slot on the bottom of the buffer tube.

The AGM buffer tube is military spec which is compatible with almost every airsoft M4 stock.

That means you should be able to bung any aftermarket stock onto the AGM buffer tube or compatible replacement.

If you fit the old-style M4 stock to the newer buffer tube it'll work the same but have an extra couple of positions.

Well that's a relief at any rate, if it hadn't fit it would've meant a new tube, which means a new lower, swapping all of those bits over, trying to figure out something to sort the trademarks... bit of a general headache really. Cool, well bits ordered anyway, thanks stealth.

Only problem now is getting hold of the right bloody recoil pad, the only place I can find is an ebay seller that won't ship outside the states, *******.

Archived