Prometheus Piston Question.

Noodle_2000

So I ordered a Prometheus Piston.. It just arrived at my house. Now my question is when did Prometheus start shaving off the second to last tooth on their pistons? Mine came pre-shaved I'm a bit skeptical as to whether or not it is legit because I've never ordered one that was pre-shaved and I got it for about $20.

So I ordered a Prometheus Piston.. It just arrived at my house. Now my question is when did Prometheus start shaving off the second to last tooth on their pistons? Mine came pre-shaved I'm a bit skeptical as to whether or not it is legit because I've never ordered one that was pre-shaved and I got it for about $20.

Possibly, manufacturers are constantly changing their designs. I ordered a G&P White Piston and it came with the horrid true white piston that has the issues with the catch tooth breaking off. A week later I ordered from the same place, the same piston (customers like this piston for some reason) and it came with their new version, no second tooth, an off white creme color and a much nicer piston in general. Sooo... I'm sure Prometheus probably changed the design. Is it a shiney hard black plastic or is it a dull one?

From what I remember of the last two Prometheus pistons, is that they where both extremely hard pistons, and a shiny black color.

Slightly O/T but did you also find the G&P piston coming with an AoE shim/piston head adaptor?

Wasn't there something doing the rounds a few months back about counterfeit Prommy and Systema goods? If the packaging seemed tampered with maybe it was simply a tech savvy owner doing a bit of pre-emptive work having read the airsoft mechanics article about the prommy pistons? Not sure if that crosses any lines in store service but if I knew that while the pistons were good, they needed a mod to work indefinitely I would rather make a mod then get a customer complain that a piston I sold them broke their gun. That said I think something like that ought to be communicated to the customer beforehand.

Archived