For those still struggling witha star m60/mk43

hunter512

fed up with the wank original star box not feeding? There's an easy answer, buy the Ares box, it takes a feed direct from the motor contacts meaning when you squeeze the trigger the gun actually feeds. I've recently tried one myself and for the princely sum of however much you can find the ares mag for pllus 10 mins soldering yoou actually get a working, lightweight, easy to use support weapon.

Seriously I've used the Ares Box and a modded star mk46 for a complete day on an 8.4V large battery and had flaw free feeding and accurate fire, my only thinking is it'sd a shame you've got to pay an extra £60 to make the gun work like it should've out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, on Sunday just gone I managed to munch through 16-20000 rounds support gunning, including firing the box dry twice and the only feed issues I've had were when the level in the box was too low to feed. In my opinion the Ares box is an almost essential upgrade if you're having any form of snag with the existing mag.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the necropost but is there any difference between the area and the star apart from where the winder draws power? Would the star box be able to feed as well as the Ares if i just rewired to make the winder take power from the motor connectors?

• 3 months later...

Archived