British s'95/s'2000 NSN clothing listings?

Redcap

hi, folks :)

I'm hoping that someone's got access to the NSN listings for the following where it shows NSN NOT KNOWN, as I need the NSNs!

NSN 8415-99-869-1940    Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Temperate DPM, Soldier 95
NSN 8415-99-869-2131    Shirt, Temperate DPM, Soldier 95
NSN 8415-99-869-2158    Trousers, Temperate DPM, Soldier 95
NSN NOT KNOWN            Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Jungle DPM, Soldier 95
NSN NOT KNOWN            Shirt, Jungle DPM, Soldier 95
NSN NOT KNOWN            Trousers, Desert DPM, Soldier 95
NSN NOT KNOWN            Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Desert DPM, Soldier 95
NSN NOT KNOWN            Shirt, Desert DPM, Soldier 95
NSN NOT KNOWN            Trousers, Jungle DPM, Soldier 95
NSN NOT KNOWN            Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Temperate DPM, Soldier 2000
NSN NOT KNOWN            Shirt, Rip Stop, Temperate DPM, Soldier 2000
NSN 8415-99-369-3465   Trousers, Rip Stop, Temperate DPM, Soldier 2000
NSN NOT KNOWN            Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Jungle DPM, Soldier 2000
NSN NOT KNOWN            Shirt, Rip Stop, Jungle DPM, Soldier 2000
NSN NOT KNOWN            Trousers, Rip Stop, Desert DPM, Soldier 2000
NSN NOT KNOWN            Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Desert DPM, Soldier 2000
NSN NOT KNOWN            Shirt, Rip Stop, Desert DPM, Soldier 2000
NSN NOT KNOWN            Trousers, Rip Stop, Jungle DPM, Soldier 2000

Cheers for any help you folks can provide!

I had a look mate, but none of my stuff is Rip Stop, and the one item I thought I might have (Shirt, Desert DPM, Soldier 95), turned out to be 'Tropical Desert'. What that means, I have no idea, but it's thin as tissue paper :)

I have some 'smocks', but they're not on your list...

Doc - if you could post the NSN for the shirt, that'd be handy - I'm by no means sure of the actual descriptions for the desert kit - it's third hand info that I've got! Cheers in advance!

Redcap,

Well looking at the NSN's you have already I assume your after size 180/104 Jackets. But I can't help with the trousers as the NSN you've quoted does not appear in the equipment catalogue. I'll have another look on Monday when I'm at work.

In the mean time, this is what I can get you.

NSN 8415-99-869-1940 Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Temperate DPM, Soldier 95

NSN 8415-99-869-2131 Shirt, Temperate DPM, Soldier 95

NSN 8415-99-869-2158 Trousers, Temperate DPM, Soldier 95

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Jungle DPM, Soldier 95

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Shirt, Jungle DPM, Soldier 95

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Trousers, Desert DPM, Soldier 95

8415-99-3160090 Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Desert DPM, Soldier 95

8415-99-978-6907 Shirt, Desert DPM, Soldier 95

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Trousers, Jungle DPM, Soldier 95

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Temperate DPM, Soldier 2000

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Shirt, Rip Stop, Temperate DPM, Soldier 2000

NSN 8415-99-369-3465 Trousers, Rip Stop, Temperate DPM, Soldier 2000

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Jungle DPM, Soldier 2000

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Shirt, Rip Stop, Jungle DPM, Soldier 2000

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Trousers, Rip Stop, Desert DPM, Soldier 2000

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Field Jacket, Rip Stop, Desert DPM, Soldier 2000

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Shirt, Rip Stop, Desert DPM, Soldier 2000

NSN 8415-99-???-???? Trousers, Rip Stop, Jungle DPM, Soldier 2000

As for the soldier 2000 stuff. I've never seen or heard of it, and it isn't in any of the equipment catalogues I have at home or work. But I'll see what i can do on monday.

And I have the same problem with the jungle kit, never seen it in the kit catalogues.

As for the soldier 2000 stuff.  I've never seen or heard of it... And I have the same problem with the jungle kit, never seen it in the kit catalogues.

My mate Skeggs has Tropical DPM (not 'Jungle', to nitpick :P). I think it seems to refer to the thickness rather than the pattern, though his camo is definitely more turquoise than mine. For example, I have upstairs a Tropical Desert jacket. I've also seen Arctic Desert clothing. I was advised by a Cadet instructor (Lord Baldrick of wannabe) to get Tropical troosers as they're "better at keeping out sharp pointy things". I ordered a pair but the shop rang back to say they didn't have my size... :blush:

S2000; I too am not sure about this. I have some trousers that are 'improved' 95's; they're thicker and more windproof, and don't feel as floppy. They may well be S2000's, but I dunno.

Right,

I've had a look on the supply system and the NSN you quoted for the jungle kit is not valid mate.

The only thing I can think of it that it's either non service used kit (I'm almost sure the ripstop trousers were never brought into service) or it's Army specific kit only used by the Infantry and maybe marines etc.

If that's the case it won't be on the RAFSCCS system even if the NSN is correct, so I can't help you I'm afraid.

I'll have a word with the Army guys here who look after all the TACP's and see if they can shed any light on this kit you're looking for. After all if TACP's don't get not many people will.

Right mate,

Not good I'm afraid.

Had a word with the army, and none of them, including several infantry officers have never heard of soldier 2000 or s95 jungle kit.

The general oppinion is that the ripstop trousers you're after are probably the SF type (they are the only ripstop trousers anyone has heard of) and as such the only people who get the publications containing them are SF.

As for the S2000 stuff, we have quite simply never heard of it.

I will keep my eyes open and if I do happen to bump into anything I'll note down some numbers and let you know.

Eddie -

Interesting :blink:

OK, well if you can find the NSNs for the non-ripstop stuff, it'll be a great help :) Cheers in advance :)

Lance Jackass -

Yeah, I know. Looks like it's time to bug a couple of retailers I know with questions, lol :D

There are certainly ripstop versions of the 95 shirt and trousers. they were trialed but it was decided that the non rip-stop versions were more suitable due to weight, drying speed and cost.

I know they still exist as I've also seen them in surplus catalogues. The only people I know who use them in the forces are the SF types. And there is zero chance of me getting hold of any of the SF specific kit, I've been trying for 5 years so far to no avail.

There are certainly ripstop versions of the 95 shirt and trousers. they were trialed but it was decided that the non rip-stop versions were more suitable due to weight, drying speed and cost.

Interesting. The only things I've personally seen in ripstop are the jackets. I know there are tailored versions available (SASS, for example) who'll make 'em up for you, but not personally seen 'em, just heard about 'em.

I know they still exist as I've also seen them in surplus catalogues.  The only people I know who use them in the forces are the SF types.  And there is zero chance of me getting hold of any of the SF specific kit, I've been trying for 5 years so far to no avail.

K, thanks. If I see any, I'll let you know :)

Red cap - any idea where to go for cheap plce webbing please mate?

Er... local Army Surplus? Note that AFAIK, currently genuine PLCE's fairly thin on the ground, due to reduced kit being back-squdded out of the services (tighter budgets = less kit thrown out).

That said, The Outdoor and SoF might have some, but I'd check the quality before hand, if they do - some of the stuff off The Outdoor was right shabby a couple of years back when I vistted them, and that was due to MoD sending crud to 'em.

HTH :)

Archived