ACM SUSAT

GnGArmament

Its ironic that they've just got round to releasing it as it's about to be phased out.

For every rumour that the saty is being phased out there are three confirmations that it isn't. The standard issue infantry weapon will remain the saty for a decade or two longer, however there are an increacingly large number of other weapons* that soldiers are carrying into combat so the saty is not "as common" as it where.

*EG m4s90, minimi, the 7.62 armirite etc

For every rumour that the saty is being phased out there are three confirmations that it isn't. The standard issue infantry weapon will remain the saty for a decade or two longer, however there are an increacingly large number of other weapons* that soldiers are carrying into combat so the saty is not "as common" as it where.

*EG m4s90, minimi, the 7.62 armirite etc

I think hes speaking of the SUSAT, not the L85 (SA80 isnt a weapon, its a research program), when he says its being phased out. Which, the SUSAT is, currently they use ACOGs wherever possible, and the MOD ordered a load of ELCAN SpectreDRs as well....

I think hes speaking of the SUSAT, not the L85 (SA80 isnt a weapon, its a research program), when he says its being phased out. Which, the SUSAT is, currently they use ACOGs wherever possible, and the MOD ordered a load of ELCAN SpectreDRs as well....

Correct, I meant the SUSAT.

Been after one for ages, but now I don't see the point.

Archived