LaserMax, UniMax Rail Mount Lasers.

greg

Hello, I really like the lasermax rail mount lasers & will probably get one.

They are pretty expensive, so wondered if anyone was aware of a cheap clone/copy?

Do you have either an original, or copy & is it any good?

Where do I get them from in the UK? If not the UK, where?

Any one actually seen the 'pulsating' green version? How does the beam look?

Greg.

You were looking for something like http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&...product_id=4556, right? I picked one up before they went out of stock and for the price, I can't complain. It's probably similar to http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/las...aser-sight.html, so for basically 10% of the price of the "real" one, you can get one that's good enough for airsoft. It fits fine on my TM P226, but on my G19s, it doesn't quite fit properly, I think because the notch in the rail on the gun isn't quite deep enough, since the screw that tightens it sticks out a bit (you can see it sort of in the 4th picture). It seems to be fairly easy to adjust the zero, though I don't know how well it keeps the zero after firing, especially on a GBB. One thing that is kind of strange to me is that when I have it zeroed for maybe 10ft (just because I was aiming it at a wall), the adjustment set screw kind of sticks out a little bit to the point that if you were to actually attach another device to it, it may push the set screw a bit and mess with the zero.

Pictures that I just took (because I had a tab open of this, since I was planning on responding to it before you got impatient :P )...

th_Laser1.jpg

th_Laser2.jpgth_Laser3.jpgth_Laser4.jpgth_Laser5.jpg

Mounted on my P226

th_Laser6.jpgth_Laser7.jpgth_Laser8.jpgth_Laser10.jpg

When you have no other rails to mount a laser to, just mount it to the top rail. Then, just put it wherever on the rail mounted in front of your optics, since I basically can't use my iron sights anyway...

th_Laser9.jpg

The adjustment screw sticks out a little bit, but it doesn't make any difference if you're not attaching anything else to it. If I had more of them, I'd attach a bunch of them to each other just for amusement. If you are attaching something else to the rail on it, it will potentially limit how much you can adjust the laser unless you grind down a bit of the hex screw.

You were looking for something like http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&...product_id=4556, right?

Oh that is just perfect. :D

Thank you, you have probably saved me about £250.

You are quite right, I only wanted a compact, rail type, laser for marking targets. Super accuracy & impact/water resistance isn't that important.

Nice one. ;)

Greg.

Archived