WA M4 GBBR Magazine Test

Disclaimer: This test is by no mean absolute and I did it purely to satisfy some of my curiosity as to the difference in perceived performance of different brands of mags. I think before the advent of the WA M4 platform there has never been a single GBB that has so many different make and model of magazine for one gun(and so many different parts and combination of what essentially is 1 type of design.)

The tests were conducted to the best of my time and ability, but since I am not exactly doing this in the lab, with calibrated equipment and shooting off a bench rest, take what you will off my finding.

The test was done with the following mag, I may choose to add more mags into the result in the future if I get more mags(ie, I am still waiting for the new G&P mag I ordered to show up):

3X "original" WOC(~$80 USD ea, these are the mags that came with the initial release of WOC, basically reworked WA standard mag, out of production)

2x WA-Super (~$120 USD ea)

2x Bomber (~$60 USD ea)

3x ProWin (~$60 USD ea)

Gas used was a fresh bottle of Coleman camping propane.

Chrono is a Xortec 3200

original.jpg

original.jpg

The tests were done completely indoor in my heated apartment. The temperature is essentially what my thermostat is set at. I may choose to complete the loaded magazine dump test, but as it is I have not done it for all of them, so I am not including it into the result(ventilation is a problem...). Don't ask me to do outdoor low temp test. I can't just go out and shoot outside of my apartment afterwork.

Aside from one WA Super mag that seems to shoot much higher FPS than the rest, most mags are pretty close with Bombers are consistent in shooting lower FPS and have least perceived recoil. Due to the size of the sample I don't think a general trend can be established reliably.

I'd like to at some point do some kind of cool-down test. I need to get a IR temp gun or something and do some before and after measurement, but that'll be later. As it is this is just the most basic of information regarding some performance parameters.

Nice pretty good lab report. I'd say... (more control than High School lab I'll tell ya)

Might wanna try a graph of velocity over temperature on various mags. Consistency would probably show its true colour there. Should be something looks similiar to parabolic (-10 degrees, -5, 0, 5, 10, 15) Just the mags need to be cool, the gun it self is not the factor.

That one WA Super mag I think might just be temperature. I think it could just be the first mag I filled and last one tested or something so it might be a bit more up to room temp then the others(I generally let them sit for 15-20 mins, but not exactly controlled by any means).

That is pretty interesting.

I can see the sudden drop in FPS from some of the shots and I can tell you that those are because the NPAS floating valve isn't resetted back into the right location.

Though you must have had the NPAS set on a really low setting because at 13*C on propane my AGM with an NPAS dialed on high (with AGM mags) hits about 440fps initial shot and then averages 400fps on 0.2g BBs. Unless my chrono is faulty. Repeated test with a can shows it can penetrate the bottom sides of a can which is close approximation of said FPS values.