Team Designation

Operator12

Also bloody annoying because too many people just put the two tags on their front, not thinking at all about ID from the rear. Personally, I want my own team to ID me when I sneak into one of my own team's territories. How many times have I seen someone, and hesitated to make a positive ID, and get lit up by one of their team mates. I've even seen a lot of people who wear their tags UNDER their vests. They obvisouly do not have the brain power to thin that maybe it's also for their own team to ID them and not shoot them. I've got so fed up with it now that if I can't see the tags clearly I shoot them. No choice really.. My lads all wear one on the front shoulder of the leading hand, and one in the middle of the back, usually on the cross straps of a chest rig. Still get blue on blue, usually fomr people who suddenyl se you and just shoot. Even if you are dead and holding your hand in the air. :huh:

I do exactly this at GZ, never seems to help though <_<

Darkchild

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My team all wears black vests over NZDPM, so pretty much if they're not wearing that, shoot them. For night CQB games, we stick glowsticks onto our backs with the MOLLE. You just have to have a really good rear man.

It's usually DPM verses everyone else where I play, with a few oddballs mixed in to even teams. You can usually tell from the positioning but its not always clear who is on your team if you're in the process of flanking, I tend to shoot first and ask what team after (which isn't very milsim, but you tend to just get shot otherwise)

• 2 weeks later...

Other sites do the arm band thing. I always wonder why they bother with 2 colours of tape? Surely you only need one & go with a taped Vs non-taped affair????????

If you have a colour vs no-colour system then one team is at a disadvantage because they have a bright colour on their camo and the opposition don't. With two colours it's fair. Not realistic or ideal, but fair and OK for most normal skirmishes.

• 3 weeks later...

its *very* easy at most games i play at these days as they are tightly themed historical games.

So for wwii it might be Brit line inf vs waffen ss... they look pretty different

Or the last nam game i went to was us inf vs vietcong (with a few bods in tiger stripe or nva greens but still easily distinguishable)

Archived