EI Medical Pack

Gentner91

Over the course of the last couple of days, Ive been looking at picking up my first jump bag. I am currently going through an EMT-Basic course and with a little less then 3.5 months, I should be Nationally Certified through the National Registry of EMT's. I live in a smaller, more rural part of Michigan so Im trying to find a bag which has a decent mix of space for trauma related items like pressure bandages, rollers, gauze etc and enough space for airway items such as a BVM, OPA's, NPA's etc.

My brother in law served as a medic in Iraq and hes been trying to help me with this and has shown me a mix of different bags that he and his unit have used. The bag that I really liked the most was the Blackhawk STOMP II which he keeps in his truck for calls as hes a paid by call EMS/Fire Fighter. The bag is great, but for me only being a soon to be EMT-B, its just way too big for the amount of stuff that I am allowed to carry and for the area Ill soon to be working in. Most of the calls around here are more medical based then trauma but I dont want to completely sacrifice one for the other.

So here is where my question comes in. Ive been looking at picking up an EI A-III Medical Pack as from the pictures, it seems as if I can hold everything that I want/need. But where my concerns come in are in the description of the bag itself. In the upper description of almost every site that carry's this bag, it says that the velcro pouches are 6" by 4" and then in the bottom of the websites where the features are located it says that the same velcro pouches mentioned earlier are only 5.5” x 4” x 1”. Now Im not sure if Im reading this wrong or not, but would these pouches be able to hold an Emergency Pressure Bandage? Im not looking at carrying the same amount of EPB's, Celox, Blast Pads etc. that a Combat Medic would have as obviously I wont be placed in a position that they face, but I would like to have the option of carrying the nicer bandages for "Oh Sh!t" type calls.

Any help or input is highly appreciated. Also if someone has any links to other packs that is greatly appreciated as well. Im trying to keep my budget on the bag alone to about 200 at the moment.

post-53011-1266989761_thumb.jpg

wait until you actually pass your registry and start working as an EMT-B. Because then you'll actually know what you need. I could properly stock a jump bag with a t-shirt, o2 tank, BVM, and AED. When you actually truly understand what your doing, then you can tweak what you need, and then find a pack to fit that need. No need to put the cart before the horse.

wait until you actually pass your registry and start working as an EMT-B. Because then you'll actually know what you need. I could properly stock a jump bag with a t-shirt, o2 tank, BVM, and AED. When you actually truly understand what your doing, then you can tweak what you need, and then find a pack to fit that need. No need to put the cart before the horse.

Word.

Have a friend in the same situation, and as a gear nut I got the same question. Gave him the same answer.

Archived