"Armed" robbery at my school

r.ocelot

This message is being provided to the Emory community as required by federal regulations.

On April 23, 2010, a male student reported being the victim of an armed robbery at a fraternity house on campus. The incident is reported to have occurred between 11:00 PM and 12:00 midnight on April 22, 2010. The assailants took cash and personal electronic items. A BB gun used by one of the assailants was recovered at the location.

The two assailants were described as black males, wearing dark clothing with hooded sweatshirts. One male is believed to have a birthmark or scar on his left cheek.

Anyone having information relevant to this incident is encouraged to call the Emory Police Department at 404-727-8005.

So, I don't suppose there are anyone here who knows of an Airsofter who fits the description in the Atlanta area?

Yes, it's most likely not a high end airsoft pistol.

You see people who commit armed robbery tend not to have very much money.

These types of robberies are pretty common on university campuses or near where college student typical have terrible situational awareness and can even themselves have marijuana. More times than not these robberies are committed by folks looking to secure funds for drugs either to use or to use and/or sell themselves. I would rate college students as the "softest" targets available for criminals. Most fraternities either have no lock or unable to lock their doors to their house and the interior doors are easily defeated. Most fraternities contain some very nice high end electronics and in many cases stashes of drug and cash themselves.

I would rate college students as the "softest" targets available for criminals. Most fraternities either have no lock or unable to lock their doors to their house and the interior doors are easily defeated. Most fraternities contain some very nice high end electronics and in many cases stashes of drug and cash themselves.

Amen to that. One of the main reasons I'm living off campus next semester and purchasing an 870.

Archived