Building CO2 M1911

MY3TUS

Hello !

Since Ive bought my Tercel M1911 (full metal chinese clone of TM model), i was playing with the idea of making my shooting a little bit cheaper.

First thing that came into my mind was propane adapter, but when i realised that i am not able to obtain any Coleman canisters in my country, and the only thing i can get is Bernzomatic one for the same price as regular airsoft Green Gas i stopped thinking about this variant.

What i can get is 12g CO2 bulbs (24€ for 50 pieces, one 1000ml (350g) Green Gas is 14€), so i started thinking about converting my M1911 into some kind of a "CO2 version".

What im not sure about is that if the CO2 cartridge actually lasts longer than 1 fill of GG, will it ?

I know that in stock form it wont last long and it will need some upgrades, im thinking of these ones -

Metal Loading Nozzle

160% Recoil & Hammer Spring

DYNA Piston Head (metal)

KJ Works CO2 Magazine

Id like to know what are your opinions, 

- How many shots can you get from 1 12g CO2 bulb in your CO2 GBBs ?

- Does KJW Magazines fit TM/Tercel ? (Does CO2 ones fit ?)

- Are my upgrade parts choices good , or do i need something else ?

- Do you think that the slide will break due to higher CO2 pressure ?

- Do you think this is a good idea in general ?

THANK YOU !

Won't fit. If you look here:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kj-works-m1911a1-co2-full-metal-gbb-pistol-od-version.html

you'd notice that the KJW CO2 1911 has a contoured magwell to accept the 12g CO2 powerlet as they are thicker than regular 1911 mags. You'd at least need the frame of the KJW or the whole gun seeing as it's not sold separately.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to state the obvious ,but why not just get the kjw. It'll be alot less faf ,and cost the same anyway .If not less ,and I hear goot things about the kjw :)

Agreeing with heroshark, I have a KJW and I am in LOVE with it. It's been a great pistol for months and the availability of upgrades is a major plus. Or even one of those WG all metal 1911's or 2011's. I don't have one, but people seem to be happy with them. I'd still choose KJW over WG, but WG has a LOT of choices to choose from.

Archived