Ares M4 hopup/compression/seal issues

uscmCorps

Alrighty... so working on my Ares SR-25 tonight, I installed a Madbull HopUp. Thinking everything was going well, we immediately noticed what appears to be seal or compression issues. Perhaps the HopUp isn't pushing back against the gearbox compared to the original captured hopUp unit, giving sub par results. I'm pretty new to the Ares M4's and SR-25 type guns and I know many of you have worked with them before and have found solutions to these same problems. What would you recommend? A longer nozzle? If so which one? Any other helpful recommendations?

Thanks!

I want to clarify what was happening with the gun.

Stock it was shooting consistent 360fps w/.25

When the Madbull hopup unit was installed the FPS dropped to about 250fps but not as consistent, there was a +/- 10fps

When a Systema hopup unit was installed the FPS climbed to about 310 fps but again with a +/- of 10fps (systema hopup was dribbling BB's probably due to a damaged bucking but it was late).

2 Madbull hopup units were tested 1 was a "control" unit because it was observed to be working in a different gun and working well.

An observation that we made:

The back of the hopup chamber where it interfaces with the gearbox and nozzle is slightly longer on the ARES unit compared to Madbull and Systema. When the magazine is inserted, the hopup chamber shifts forward about 1mm. The ARES unit is contained in the gearbox so it can't shift forward as much.

This is why the thought was to use a slightly (emphasis on slightly) longer nozzle, to compensate for the distance that the hopup moves forward when the magazine is inserted.

After reading other people's reports on this problem, I'm going to buy a M4 nozzle and a SG55X nozzle. I'm not sure if it'll resolve the issue. Overall it's pretty frustrating since it was working fine when I first received it. I hope the nozzles work as I'd much rather use the Madbull HopUp unit instead of the original Ares unit. <_<

Archived