Weight and Trajectory?

AG1212

Will a heavier BB flatten my trajectory? and will the extra weight increase range due to wind resistance or decrease due to mass? The reason I ask is because I tested my AEG after upgrading the hop up with .2 bbs and the trajectory was pretty steep. I manged about 50m effective range which is good but I have to aim way high in order for the BBs to get there. I usually have .25s but .2s were all I had so I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Yes, yes.

The issues that most airsofter, well in the States that is, don't understand about Inertia. You have the basic grasp of it. Heavier bb's will fly more accurately and further over .20 bb's shot from the same AEG.

Kids in the States think its raw FPS that governs range, but as you and I know, its not.

Yes, yes.

The issues that most airsofter, well in the States that is, don't understand about Inertia. You have the basic grasp of it. Heavier bb's will fly more accurately and further over .20 bb's shot from the same AEG.

Kids in the States think its raw FPS that governs range, but as you and I know, its not.

Ah thats good to know. Yeah people seem to think that higher velocity=distance but I'm able to hit a target at about 50m/160f with a 1J rifle, though I suppose higher velocity would be handy as it reduces flight time.

Archived