Magpul MOE grip and motor issues

I've just spent most of the evening installing various Magpul bits to an M4 and a SCAR (both G&G).

I fitted a MOE pistol grip to each one, on the M4 it was no problem, fitted it, adjusted the height screw until the gearbox purred at every pull of the trigger and that was the end of it.

On the SCAR however I had to file down the rear of the grip to get it to fit properly. I didn't mind and it wasn't a part that is noticeable or would touch the motor/gearbox.

I fitted the SCAR motor exactly the same as the M4 but for some reason I am just getting a variety of horrible whining sounds when I test fire it.

If I adjust the height either way the whining just gets worse or the gears lock up. There is a spot where it sounds good but if I turn the screw even 45 degrees out then it starts whining again.

The two guns are nearly identical internally, same gearbox/pistol grip/motor.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the MOE grip on the SCAR is not sitting completely 100%

I've tried re-seating the motor without any luck and I am scared to try anything else for fear of breaking the motor.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

What motor is it? stock G&G one? i noticed while working on my cousins m4 that the G&P m120 motor bell wasnt lining up correctly so i had to file the sides of the magpul base plate. When you put the grip on and take out the brass screw for adjusting the motor height is the motor lined up??

Stock G&G motor and I noticed exactly what you mentioned after reading your post, so thanks it got me one step further :)

Unfortunately even filing those bits down to make the guide sit flush didn't fix it. I think it may be that there was too much tension between the lower reciever and grip, I may ned to file away moreof it for a better fit, seems to be pulling the motor ever so slightly out of place I think :(

I might have more luck buying the MIAD grip and configuring it without the "lip" on the back to avoid this?

Try removing the gearbox from the body, attach the grip and fit the motor, if you can make it pur then it would suggest the grip doesnt fit properly against the body of the gun, requiring some more filing etc to get a better fit.

The grip might feel securly in place but by being so it may have misaligned against the gearbox and body, it wouldnt take much to put the motor out of line.

Archived