Taper Front Barre L - Bull Barrel Base

SPR 300 %

VSR Long 554mm barrel, 6.04mm

VSR-10 Pro-Sniper Muzzle Cap

Boreup New Trigger+Piston-end/ VSR-10

Tokyo Marui New Precision Chamber Set for VSR-10

Firefly Hard bucking for VSR10

PSS10 Bolt Handle for Marui VSR-10 Sniper

The setup was ment to shoot about 550 fps, about 165-170m/s. After a number of test fires, the bolt/cylinder started getting locked in the back. Took it all out and saw the piston end, the one that the sear catches.. was bent as a whole on the axis with the body.. took it out, took out the metal shavings, used epoxy, screwed it back.. it was good for another number of shots, until disaster struck again.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4037018/sniper/Image1470.jpg

So... did the PDI piston just gave up at just a 160m/s? I mean, i think the cap itself is good, just that the piston itself bended and failed on the inside.

I contacted both X-Fire.org where i got them from and also Polarstarairsoft.com. In the meantime.. can anyone enlighten me on what caused this? Is this a regular occurence or did i just screwed up something badly? Too soft trigger and too little sear?

Yeah, the HD piston is designed to be stronger than the VC. The VC piston is designed to rid a gun of the vacuum effect caused by longer barrels, but since you got the Bore-Up cylinder, that wouldn't be a problem.

If the only difference between the VC and the HD piston is the head, normal or VC, and the body stays the same, i would have the same result with a HD piston. I'll only purchase an HD if it is stronger in terms of materials or quality of manufacturing then the VC. If it's just the same with a different head... i'd rather not.

B↑Hard Piston : you'll get High durability

This piston has NO VC,so it's a simple piston but the simple is superior to durability.

The body: Made of Duralmin.

The Ring: Made of Derlin.

The End: Made of Stainless.

B↑Vacuum Piston :You'll find this system makes BB straight.

The body: Made of Duralmin.

The Ring: Made of Derlin.

The End: Made of Stainless steel.

Same materials. When they talk of durability, probably head-wise.. but really, cracked heads are a non-issue.

Received a reply from polarstar and they say the threads themselves were fsked. They don't make bore up parts, so i'll have to haggle with PDI.. and their responce so far has been a very hard 'it's not our fault'.

• 5 months later...

Archived