Guarder slide installation on TM Glock 17

hitmanNo2

OK, so I have a Guarder slide and barrel (steel if it makes any difference) that I'm trying to install but I'm running into quite a few problems.

A major problem is when I try and manually cycle it with the outer barrel screwed on, the slide goes back 15mm and then it looks like the barrel jams the slide when it tilts up. There is a mark on the outer barrel that shows its pretty tight. When I release the slide and let it return to battery it stops short about 3mm from where it should do.

I know Guarder slides are notoriously difficult to install when compared to SD and PGC ones. So I was wondering, can anyone tell me the known problem areas that need to be filed or whatever?

Thanks

The PGC slide and barrel kit in my Guarder has never given me that problem, but I have seen it happen in a KSC with Shotters Design slide and barrel. It was caused by the recoil spring guide rod that had moved out of place and pressed the barrel up, and it was solved pulling the rod towards the front of the slide till it disengages.

Hope this helps, althouh im not sure if I have explained clearly with my poor english.

Hi! hitmanNo2

I have one custombuilt Airsoftglobal Guarder TM Glock 17

and I can tell you that the front innerside of the ejection port on the slide,

has been grinded quite a bit on mine from the guys who built it.

Maybe that's a tip for you.

I've also built two different Guarderized TokyoMarui pistols on my own,

and I can tell you this, be prepared to do a whole lot of sanding and greasing

to make the parts work properly. I'ts not just a drop in most of the time.

But then they are also more affordable compared to some other brands out there.

Archived