Need a vest for a GIANT!

HC Airsoft

A friend of mine has recently gotten into airsoft, but we're having a bit of a problem getting him kitted out. You see, he's about six foot four and has a 46 inch waist. At his widest, he's gotta be 50 inches.

In short, I need a molle vest that will fit a big fat guy. His camo is 3x (and snug) if that helps.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Looking for something to fit him is the wrong way about it IMO ;) when he could just walk a bit more, eat a little less and change some things he eats for fruits but if he needs a "quick fix" my RACK has very long adjustment straps, I'd be surprised if it wouldn't fit.

Most vest are good for big guys except for the G&P vests like the SPEAR carrier and AAV. Don't know about others tho.

I was a 48 waist at one time and I used the Pantac and Eagle RRV with or without rear plate carriers and it fit fine on me. Blackhawk's CRCH with or without rear plate carrier also fit.

CIRAS and EPC also fit fine on me back then. On the EPC, I got a longer piece of 550cord to attach on the cummerbunds.

I'm currently using a LBT6094 and feels good on me (42 waist). I dont know about the Pantac/FLYYE, but the LBT one has shock cord. You can get a long piece of shock cord or 550cord and lengthen the adjustment.

i use this vest http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/mctmb1nx.html

ive got a 42" waist and a 48" chest and i have loads of room in it ive not even adjusted the side panals yet to bring it in its still how it was out the bag and it slides around its so big can fit it over my head without undoing the side panals.

Looking for something to fit him is the wrong way about it IMO ;) when he could just walk a bit more, eat a little less and change some things he eats for fruits but if he needs a "quick fix" my RACK has very long adjustment straps, I'd be surprised if it wouldn't fit.

Losing weight like this can take years. Get a vest now and airsoft like a mofo, hopefully you'll lose a few pounds.

I'm a tall, broad, fat bloke myself and i find it difficult to find tac gear. My advice is to don't be afraid to modify your gear with extra webbing straps. Chest rigs are golden, I've got a 50"+ belly and i've not found a chest ring that doesn't fit. However if your doing a lot of duck and diving, I find I end up getting super bad lower back pain with chest rigs. If your mate is waist heavy, try using british PLCE, its magic on your back.

Getting shirts that are people taller than 6,1? now THATS a toughie!

Try 5.11 Tactical. They have 2 styles of vests and both are scary large. Sadly my favorite light vest from 5.11, The VTAC Plate Carrier is discontinued. If you can find one, get it. You will not regret the purchase. The other is their LBE Vest and it is great too, but not as high speed as I would like. My brother is HUGE and they fit him no problem. 5.11 Tactical only has FDE, OD and BLK gear though.

If you don't mind that it isn't modular/MOLLE the Eagle UTV chest rig is capable of getting CRAZY large.

You can also order the Full Clip LMAV. It is really expensive for what you get, but large! Comes in an assortment of colors too.

The S-Ops brand Over Armor Tactical Vest is E-friggin-normous and comes in a nice variety of colors. It is really tough too!

BDS tactical also has 1 or 2 vests that might fit him if you get one of them go for the Skin Rig...just don't order it directly from BDS. Get it from another source. (Like the link I made.) They take forever to ship and their customer service sucks. We once ordered a vest, it came in the wrong color, they blamed us saying we used the pull down menus wrong (even though the order and invoice indicated the color we ordered) and never even tried to do the right thing and give us the right color vest.

Archived