Laylax VSR Air Seal Chamber

l96ninja

I've been saving up for a Noobie's TDC + TF kit forever, but they don't seem to be coming out anymore. Then, I stumbled across the Laylax Air Seal chamber and figured it'd be worth a shot, since I'm really looking for that complete air seal that the Noobie's kit offers. So, before I bought one, I figured I'd see if anyone else has one and has an opinion on them. The proprietary bucking that comes with kinda scared me as I haven't seen any replacements on it... All information I can get would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I was waiting for someone, with the part, to post. Since no one has; I will say, although never having one myself, I have read respected forum members, with several VSR setups, say there are no improvements over the original hop chamber. Remember everyone "whips" the hop rubber onto the barrel, in the original chamber. I have read people say this is just as effective as "anti blow by" rings they bought, etc.

I do not use a nineball airseal bucking (I use firefly hard) so do not have 100% compression, but was recently good enough to make 2/3 hits at a lasered 100 yards (stationary mansized target on the firing range).

I suggest you don't bother with the laylax chamber. I was put off after reading up on them.

Good Hunting ;)

Got one, hate it. The proprietary bucking as you say is the annoying thing. It has nothing on the Firefly in terms of accuracy. The only good things I've heard about it, were from one guy who was running his VSR at 700 maybe 800fps. He said nothing else gives consistent shot to shot FPS at that power level. At 500fps, I'd say you're better off with the stock chamber. I'm also kinda disappointed because they created a good seal for the chamber, easily capable handling a high power set up, but they haven't made any attempt at improving the adjustment mechanism. So you're still going to get the annoying right hook with heavy ammo.

I'm going to have to look up Noobies TDC and TF Kit now. Whatever those letters stand for.

Archived