LCT Modular Rail Forend System for AK, Standard VS AMD65

grimmah

Hi. Im looking for a LCT modular rail system for my VFC AIMS.. I seem to have missed out at wgcshop as they recently sold out on the Standard version. I contacted them asking if the lower part is the same, between the Standard and AMD65 version, but i only got a generic answer saying it wasnt compatible. (I have another gas tube i can use instead of the AMD65 one)

Ive looked at the pictures, and to me it looks like the lower part is indeed the same, just the gas tube part is shorter, naturally, for the AMD65.

Ive contacted LCT directly, asking this, or if they plan on making more rails, but no answer as of yet.

I have not been able to source the Standard version anywhere else, it seems sold out and/or discontinued all together.

If anyone can confirm or deny that it is indeed the same part, i would be very greatful.

Alternativly, can someone explain to me why King Arm's Ultimak copy is NOT compatible with VFC/LCT? wgcshop has again given me the generic "please be advice it is not compatible", without going into why. I mean if its something big thats one thing, but if it can be modified fairly simply, its an option for me.

As a last ditch effort, would the actual Ultimak rail system fit on a VFC rifle? If so, anyone know where i can find one outside USA? Im guessing its a part restricted for export, but maybe an american can confirm that?

Id be very apriciative for any help or information, from people who know. So no pure speculation please.

Thanks and regards,

grimm

LCT's Ultimak copy sadly is a replica of the Ultimak shortened version (only 22 rail slots) versus the standard (24 rail slots). The difference between the KA and the LCT is the KA is missing the side "wings" that keep the RIS from wobbling (as the VFC's receiver hole is much larger than the TM's). And yes, the RS Ultimak rail and LCT rail will fit any VFC AK model.

LCT's Ultimak copy sadly is a replica of the Ultimak shortened version (only 22 rail slots) versus the standard (24 rail slots). The difference between the KA and the LCT is the KA is missing the side "wings" that keep the RIS from wobbling (as the VFC's receiver hole is much larger than the TM's). And yes, the RS Ultimak rail and LCT rail will fit any VFC AK model.

Thank you, this is good info. But do you also know, if LCT used the same size/length for the lower rails, for both their Standard and AMD65 version? Ive looked again at wgcshop's product pics where they also show them installed on respective models, and they do look like the identical size to me. But i cant really afford to gamble on it.

Good to know the RS Ultimak is still an option, if i could ever find someone to send it to Sweden. Those should at least be available for purchase in the future if i can find an importer.

That I don't know. If they are the same it's confusing LCT would split the Ultimak rail to an AK version and an AMD65 version. I do know however there seem to be receiver differences between the normal AK and the AMD65, but I don't know what those are exactly - perhaps those play a part in the designation?

No idea. Im not familiar with real steel versions of either, but id be surprised if LCT made differences in the actual front part of the reciever between the AKs and the AMD they make. Im hoping LCT will get back to me about that. So far, the only logical thing i can see is the different gas tube parts that comes with the kit, thus a need for "standard" and "amd" distinctions. But, if there are other differences that doesnt make sense to me, from the airsoft point of view.

there is a king arms ultimak lower on my VFC based MAG-K. there is a bunch of spacers shoved in between the rail system and the barrel taking up the slack and its solid. so it is a choice.

Could you take a picture of these spacers? im having a difficult time imagening what you tried to explain. I would apriciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived