Real Sword SVD- Is it worth the money?

scar527

Hey guys,

To those of you that either own one of these or have worked one, would you consider it to be worth the money as a DMR platform? If I end up getting one of these, I would probably drop a slightly stronger spring in it to have it shooting between 450-500 fps, if i feel it needs it, but not too much else unless it is absolutely critical.

So for those of you that own one:

What have you put in it?

What type of battery are you using in it?

What is (roughly) the effective range of it in game?

And if applicable, could it be an effective platform for DM'ing if left stock?

For those of you who have worked on one:

Is there anything internally that will pose a significant issue to performance or longevity of use?

Thank you,

Scar

Fantastic build quality all around. Problem is that battery space, only could fit a 1200mah lipo in the handguard. I upgraded one with only a spring past 500 FPS. Great internals! Accuracy was ok, but nothing exceptional on that rifle. But I have heard of better ones. Maybe benefits more of a new hopup rubber and tightbore.

Have you thought about the Cyma clone of RS SVD? Seems to bee 100% compatible with a lighter body?

Bjorn

It's a great "out of the box" rifle, a well tuned AEG can easily match for it.

There's been some problems with very stiff springs(ripped piston teeth). I'm using mine stock except of the hop up bucking and I'm pretty happy with it,but I'd like a bigger range.

Overall has great quality but this comes with the weight.... It's pretty heavy to carry it a whole day!

I'm waiting for the WE GBBR SVD and I'd like to see the A&K AEG SVD which is supposed to be Real Sword compatible.

Wolf

Archived