Here's mine from back in 2006. I made some small brackets to attach the G36 carry handle which, in theory, allow me to attach any G36 carry handle including one with built in optics

Just about to recomission it back to active duty having been unused for the past 4 years while I was away at university.

DSC00668.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the sights are a bit far back. I had to leave some rail slots open for a red dot.

I used epoxy putty to build attachment point at the normal screw locations for the SL8 rail. I put a couple of screws through the FAMAS body (threads up), lumped the putty on them, molded them to the approximate shape, covered them in plastic wrap and mashed the rail on top in the proper alignment. Once the putty was dry I drilled the screw holes for the rail and smoothed everything out. The rail is now removable for disassembly.

If I can ever lay hands on a cheap boneyard cybergun FAMAS, I want to try machining the rail portion from scratch to make is a bit taller and shorter. The only issue there is I don't care for the F1 style grip, so I am going to have to figure out how to hack the SV grip on there. I have also been flirting with the idea of adding an M4 Mag catch to use unmodified mags, but I have too many projects rattling around in my brain...

I like that you have taken yours all the way to conclusion with the paint and attachments, very nice.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived