TM Glock 17 Slide lock problem, does not engage securely

grimmah

Hi. I just got my latest order from WGC, and proceeded to install this item on my Glock17. http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=GMF-ACC-TMG17

The installation went fine, after chasing after escaping springs, and i proceeded to slide back the PGC slide and barrel onto the frame.

I then noticed that the slide lock will now not engage securely. If i slide the slide back on and release it it will stop, but if i pull it slightly back, as _IF_ i was pulling down on the slide lock to release the slide, thats exactly what happens... The slide releases while the lock is NOT pulled down.

I know i installed everything back together correctly, as ive done it before when i changed to a Guarder Frame, and aside from some magazine wobble, the gun worked ok.. The gun now has this frame, and ,as mentioned, the PGC Aluminium slide and barrel kit installed, if that is of any relevance.

I have no idea why this happens, has anyone else installed one of these and had no or similar problems? My only theory so far, is that the tension spring which keeps the lock in place and in the upward position has more space under it, since the original safety plate is quite thick and engages underneath the lock and spring, which the Gunsmodify tag does not. But at the same time, the lock is still pushed up in its most upward position..

Any ideas or thoughts would be helpful. I can of course re-install the original part to have the gun work properly, but i would prefer to have it as visually correct as possible, with the Gunsmodify part installed.

Thanks and regards,

grimm

Archived