Downgrading a KJW M4

xxlycan

Hello everyone, I was wondering if it is possible to downgrade the FPS of a KJW M4. I'm going to buy this gun due to the fact that I am very conservative of my ammo and I love the realism. The only downside is that I play CQB and my local field has a limit of 395 fps. Is it easy to downgrade the FPS of a KJW M4, would it cost much and how would I do this?

Thanks,

Lycan

Edit: I only use Propane and I would rather not use duster gas.

Don't you love LMGTFY ;)

Thanks a lot for that. I already knew about it but it completely slipped my mind. I wanted to get a GBBR around a year ago but I didn't have enough money at that time.

Which NPAS do I need?

Are they expensive?

Is it hard to install?

Will I be able to lower the fps from 420 - 520 (Not 100% sure, different people say different things) to below 400?

Don't you love LMGTFY ;)

Thanks a lot for that. I already knew about it but it completely slipped my mind. I wanted to get a GBBR around a year ago but I didn't have enough money at that time.

Which NPAS do I need?

Are they expensive?

Is it hard to install?

Will I be able to lower the fps from 420 - 520 (Not 100% sure, different people say different things) to below 400?

Heh, it always makes me chuckle, great for annoying people at work! :P

Still - The NPAS you need will be the KJ specific one - They do different models for the WE/WA/KJW/KSC systems. I believe it's the first page of the LMGTFY link - You can either order direct from Ra Tech or most other HK shops.

As for expensive, they're not usually too bad - $20-40 at a guess?

Unfortunately I'm no expert on the KJ M4 as I use a G&P WOC - But I know people who've used the KJ M4 NPAS to bring the FPS down to 330 or 350 for UK sites, so it'll definitely lower it to below 395.

As for hard to install - I can't say for certain, but I'd imagine it won't be too tricky if you know what you're doing and have the right tools. Check the Reviews - > Gas Rifles - > KJ Works M4 on these forums, and you'll find a lot more info about it if you give it a good read :)

Heh, it always makes me chuckle, great for annoying people at work! :P

Still - The NPAS you need will be the KJ specific one - They do different models for the WE/WA/KJW/KSC systems. I believe it's the first page of the LMGTFY link - You can either order direct from Ra Tech or most other HK shops.

As for expensive, they're not usually too bad - $20-40 at a guess?

Unfortunately I'm no expert on the KJ M4 as I use a G&P WOC - But I know people who've used the KJ M4 NPAS to bring the FPS down to 330 or 350 for UK sites, so it'll definitely lower it to below 395.

As for hard to install - I can't say for certain, but I'd imagine it won't be too tricky if you know what you're doing and have the right tools. Check the Reviews - > Gas Rifles - > KJ Works M4 on these forums, and you'll find a lot more info about it if you give it a good read :)

Thank you very much for all of your help. After I get my KJW M4 and some extra mags, this will be the first thing I get :) If you see any tutorials on installing the NPAS into the KJ M4 make sure you tell me :D

Archived