Alternative Helmet!

So I used to ride BMXs back when I was about 15.. I was recently clearing stuff out and I thought. Damn! This fits me still.. So I took it down stairs and whacked it on a fence post in my garden grabbed my M4 and shot it.. nothing.. a mag later (Midcap) from various distances nothing..

So after a gather up of my paints and decided I was going to assault the helmet and camo it. This is how it turned out;

gallery_75687_1953_371193.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_160913.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_108782.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_90886.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_289554.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_170670.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_86921.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_73793.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_164847.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_403893.jpg

gallery_75687_1953_147525.jpg

This was like my first attempt at doing some camoing by hand.. so its not great and it was just done by hand (no stencils etc) really.. lemme know what you think

It looks great. It makes me want to paint more of my gear.

Thanks, I had better effect on my M4 handguard... I'll get pics up in a while

You're usin' multicam(or marpat desert) do you??? :D

Nice...

Thanks, I use standard DDPM Osprey Plate carrier, DDPM/Multicam/Tan/US Choc Chip/Desert Marpat (I use all kinds when I'm working, so therefore Airsoft is just the same) so all my gear is desert/Multicam

Well of course, This one offers zero ballistic protection, but in airsoft that is not necessary. I bet this helmet is better suited to protect from falling objects and/or hitting your head on stuff. After all, that is it's intended use. A real steal helmet is primarily designed to protect from shrapnel and other nasty stuff, everything else is more or less a compromise.

Well of course, This one offers zero ballistic protection, but in airsoft that is not necessary. I bet this helmet is better suited to protect from falling objects and/or hitting your head on stuff. After all, that is it's intended use. A real steal helmet is primarily designed to protect from shrapnel and other nasty stuff, everything else is more or less a compromise.

Yeah, I've seen the Both British and US helmets protection in 'Ghan and I love them for what they've done for our guys, My clients and myself but I wouldnt use one for safety on the airsoft field

It looks good, but if i may... Results will be better if you clean the surface before painting it. If you notice in the first photo of the procedure, you will notice that the paint is not exactly covering everyting up. You got some spots which didn't take any colour (i hope i make myself understood). That's propably because there are some oily residues on the surface.

Other than than it's good for a first try...

It looks good, but if i may... Results will be better if you clean the surface before painting it. If you notice in the first photo of the procedure, you will notice that the paint is not exactly covering everyting up. You got some spots which didn't take any colour (i hope i make myself understood). That's propably because there are some oily residues on the surface.

Other than than it's good for a first try...

Yeah, if you see in the photo of it with the "<-" on the side, I had began to flatten the areas down with 2000grit wet and dry, I did wash it off, it wasnt 100% dry I dont think upon painting.. Next time I'll Plastic Primer it ^_^

But on some of the images youll see it has little chunks of paint that are blemished, where I had grit stuck on it so i cleared it off with tissue and it fetched some paint off.. gives that worn look.

Archived