A bolt Action WA2000? Maybe.

Cuppycake

No It was always going to be bullpup? Did I say somewhere it wasnt that I forgot about? :P It would be easier to make it no bullpup but I do love them and this is actually coming along a lot easier than I though as far as trigger mech and I gifured out wha I want to do for the mag release.

But yeah, If I was going to designs based off of wa2000 and make what Im calling a WA700 :P It was going to have to stay a little bit true to walter design. I didnt want to just be like "hey this is my gun and I bit designs off of a WA2000." I kinda wanted to build something I think might come off the production line. Sorta lol. Working with the tools I got, but Im not mad so far. :)

I saw your post in RCs thread about making a BA Wa200 from Hitman non bullpup. Good luck I look foward to seeing a thread :)

Fully mounted the Action. Cut the outer barrel and cut the riser. Starting to look like a gun I guess lol. My front struts need some new screws. One of the screws wasnt threading so I picked up the tap and ran it through... But I forgot I changed out the tap and it was a size bigger. Picked up new screws yesterday. Just need to cut them down a little and tap out the rest.

28l7z87.jpg

Its only slid over the knurled knob where the originial barrel mounted. No set screw yet, or O ring, and the support that will be kidden by the front strut isnt in yet. Just a mock up picture.

Even with just being slid over the other knob its only got a very tiny amount of movement up and down and I think its just the camera angle that makes it look bent.

I feel for you man, the wrong tap, and they can look nearly identical, argh! I am going to put red paint ring on metric and blue on inches, i do hate messing threading up like that. I think its pretty common mistake.

Yeah man and the case and taps arent labeled by size. So its been a bit of eyeballing.

Starting to look like what I wanted. The handguard is made of the old wood I was using, Ill re make it this week out of the new material. Just wanted to show it for a mock up photo.

I need to cut the barrel back just a tiny bit more. The top and right side of the cheek piece need to be cut and glued. The trigger is almost done. The riser is 90% done. Still need to shape the trigger guard and the wood aswell as some of the struts. Will also be filing down the reciever so I can throw some 2 inch wide plates on to hide it. My trigger bar needs to be shaped, quick job.

The mag release is actually being a huge burden. An extremley hige burden for me. I just cant get myself to figure out a good way. I dont want to do a bottom lever type but I will if I have to. Looking for a button I can slide back and a bar will release the mag. Another option is to make a mag box, which would be much easier to fab a release right into the box.

Seems like a lot more to do but its mostly just the small details.

I also will not be fabricating a bipod at this time. IF I do wind up making one it won't be what you see on the WA2000. It will be something that pivots from the bottom coming out of the front of the lower frame.

nvbmoj.jpg

Archived