High strength Delta springs

TheFull9

I'm liking my plastic handguards at the moment, but if they're paired with a feeble delta-ring spring then (particuarly with mid/rifle lengths) they're infuriatingly wobbly and flimsy feeling.

TM's inparticular are soft as anything, G&P are slightly better but not still nowhere near as tough as I'd like. The only one I've got which I'm really happy with is from an '06 vintage CA M4 and it's absolutely nails, really sets the handguards in there.

I'd rather not have to go searching out and buying entire second-hand AEGs just for one spring however, so if anybody knows of an airsoft or RS manufacturer that sells decent springs/barrel nut sets seperately that info would be very handy.

I've used generic R.S. delta springs, and they are indeed a good deal meatier than their airsoft equivalents. Purchased from places like Midway, Brownells, etc., which may not be a great deal of help to you. They usually come with the delta ring and the retaining clip. Barrel nut (which can be made to work, especially on G&P) usually separate. But all quite inexpensive in the US.

Inok's delta spring is about the same strength of the RS counterpart. Whitch is PUNISHINGLY strong.

But you'd better get the special tool to properly remove/install the handguard. Otherwise you'll just scratch the delta or brake your fingernails

This my friend, this is the greatest invention in human history. Makes removing RAS/RIS a truly elegent process and not some ape trying to crack open a coconut. Oooh i feel so human.

---

And btw, if your RAS/RIS lower or plastic handguard becomes loose/wobbly, it's usually because the front handguard cap is bent slightly out of shape. Simply insert a '-' screw driver between the lower portion of the cap and the front sight assembly, then gently pry it backwards abit. The NAVY guys thought of this because they do VFG/Barrel strikes alot, they sometimes even install the rails upside down to gain more strength. (that's before KAC introduce the UK/SAS lower handguard)

post-20019-0-90851000-1334685004_thumb.jpg

Archived