While CKinnerley is off in the southern hemisphere, I shambled in from my tactical nylon den and provided a review of one of my new favourite bits of kit. Odd as it sounds, I think that slings are underrated in gear terms, with many seeming to stick to the classic 1,2 or 3 point configurations. Fair enough, but there are some interesting designs out there making some changes which might just work for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDMFQ2NNXq4&feature=plcp

The B-sling is a quick adjust 2-point, and comes in many varieties but does require an armalite stock due to the way it attaches at the stock end, through that little slit in the stock.

Colour wise it comes in OD, Black, Coyote, Multicam and Desert Digital. There is also a choice between a QD swivel, a MASH hook or a HK hook. I went for HK and Desert Digital.

(I'm afraid I live in an area of perpetual overcast skies or rain, so combined with my old camera the photos aren't that pretty.)

P1010008-4.jpg

The HK hook'd end features a tri-glide type buckle with a piece of heat-shrinked cord with a small plastic skull on, this cord is pulled away from the body to extend the sling. pulling the loose end of the webbing tightens the sling, the loose end of this webbing is secured down with a velcro loop around the sling. Simple to use but so much nicer than the dangling of a 3-point or fixed length 2-point in my opinion.

The other end of the webbing is the length adjust, I don't have a full length M16 to try out, but it looks like it's long enough to handle the job.

The skull toggle.

P1010014-4.jpg

And attached to my trusty C8 with TL;DR/W instructions.

P1010003-3-1.jpg

The sling was purchased from Mission Ready Equipment, but I believe them to also be available from SOB directly.

http://www.missionreadyequipment.com/tactical-equipment/weapon-accessories/slings/sheriff-of-baghdad-b-sling

In short then, at $40 it's not the cheapest sling out there, but it's miles away from being the most expensive. It's very good at what it does, is built like a tank with solid stitching and heavy duty plastic and metal hardware, and comes in a wide range of options, if you want a 2-point with flexibility, it might just be the sling for you. It's not as glamorous as some other bits of kit you could buy, but it's better than a cheapo sling breaking on you or being frustrated with a restrictive sling while trying to put plastic onto an opponent in game.

Edited by Mr. Jon
  • 2 months later...

I thought the Vickers-type slings (and those that used his adjustment mechanism afterwhich) were the end-all/be-all of effective/snag-free adjustable 2-points. Refreshing to see another take on it.

The name is awesome and I like the Ranger Pace-Counter Skull bead! Been eying this sling for a bit. I appreciate you doing a thorough review so now I can make a more informed decision. Thanks!