AEG Project - Help needed

Vlad Drakkulea

Hello everyone.

It has been a long while since I last played airsoft, since I am back to Brasil where laws forbid.

That said, the project i have in mind is not for a gun.

What I am looking for is an automatic target-seeking sentry turret.

The idea was based on the computer-game Portal, so we seek to achieve that oval shape, which is a big constraint.

Since it has been 5 years since I stopped playing, I am a little bit out-of-date with all the new things.

My constraints are (in order of importance): Size, reliability, price

So I am looking for the smallest AEG firing mechanism, since I have to fit it in a limited space

It should not break too easily, since I have no easy access to spare parts

And I already have to spend a considerable sum on otehr parts of the turret, so I cannot afford too much in the firing mechanism.

My first idea was to get the AK47 firing mechanism, strip it bare to the piston, gears, engine and the casing that holds these together and fire the engine elletronically.

I also thought of the MP7, since it is probably much smaller. Opinions on this or another suggestion altogether?

As for the BB feeding, the initial idea was an AK47 hi-cap, but with a longer tube leading to the piston.

I also considered buying one of those big electric magazines (M247) instead of building one, but due to size constraints and the fact that I will already have engines and batteries nearby, I think reutilizing these would be better.

As soon as ideas flow, I shall update this first topic including the ones I like the most. ;)

And thanks in advance guys!

I promise to post pictures and videos as soon as the project flows.

auto winding box magazines is a good idea

the P90 firing mechanism is small enough?

I have the small problem of being unable to bring the whole gun to Brasil, so I'd need to get only the firing mechanism.

But I think that this can be done. Some store somewhere must sell that, right?

I would recommend you stay away from mp7 gearboxes, parts are way more expensive and less available and they are much harder to tune for consistency. As for the P90 gearbox, if you are going for the turrets from portal you might be better off with a V3 as I think it is slightly shorter from front to back.

Archived