Leaky Mag..

DrAlexanderTobacco

Hey there.

Apologies if there's actually a definitive guide to fixing this problem, but I can't find it. I understand how to deal with a leaky baseplate, and have done so several times. But every guide I've seen for fixing a leaky magazine has *only* talked about the baseplate. Today I noticed a hissing sound in my room, and found that one of my magazines was leaking from the top rubber seal thing, and a little from the hammer valve. What's the best way to proceed regarding this problem?

Thanks,

Alex.

Find a friend/shop/tech person with a valve key and see if it needs a tweak to tighten it up. Sometimes a little silicon grease on the seals is all you need, just don't over-tighten it when you do it up, it only needs to be pinched hand tight, if you over-tighten it you can destroy the valve.

What I would do is remove the upper valve which is causing all your problems, with the dedicated tool or something improvised.

On different places of the valve, you'll find (probably) a total of 4 O-rings, a couple of them very tiny.

Remove them carefully from the valve (taking note of their different sizes and where they fit).

In a small receptacle, pour a little good quality silicone oil. Soak O-rings in oil over night.

Reassemble rings on to valve, reinsert valve in magazine.

Archived