VFC MK18 mod1 GBB Help

Stress

Hi

I want to buy a GBB MK18 Mod1 and my first choice is the VFC. Please tell me pros and cons of this one and maybe some good alternatives for mk18 mod1. So far I found the g&p woc and ra-tech custom we.

as far as it goes for the moment:

pros: nice recoil, vfc quality, good range of spare parts, great mags

cons: no npas for it...

and I hope it has no more than 410fps with 0.2 bbs and green gas. (on some websites i found it has 380fps, on others 420fps...)

please help me to make a wise decision here.

thanks

Goes like this;

VFC: Nicest externals, absolutely pants for reliability. VFC GBBR's tend to break parts reasonably easily, so you'll be replacing them a lot.

WE: Less pleasant externals, but well priced, with cheap parts and an excellent hop system out the box. Parts will break in the trigger group, but they're cheap and easy to replace. Also probably the least hassle when it comes to mags if you want to use STANAGS.

G&P WOC: Excellent externals, and exceptionally reliable - Once you replace the internal parts with the steel equivalent. The aluminium guts will run fine for thousands of rounds, but they'll go eventually. Once that happens, replace those with the G&P steel fire control parts and you'll have an absolute monster of a gun. Just make sure you run G&P Pmags or Pro-Win V2 stanags. They also need the hop tweaking a bit, but once I had mine sorted it ran like a train for 25,000 cycles and still works fine in the hands of the new owner today. That and it was an absolute tack driver.

I meant that the g&p woc is actually an WA gun with some goodies on top:

WA M4A1 Receiver

- Madbull M4A1 RIS II

- WA M4A1 Magazine

- WA M16A2 Grip

- Raider Foregrip

- Steel Folding Front Sight

- 600M Folding Rear Sight

- WA M4A1 Extended Stock

- WA M4 Trigger Guard

- WA Hammer Set

- WA M4 Metal Sear

- WA Metal Bolt Stop

- WA SPR Type Cocking Handle

- WA M4 Hammer Lock

- WA Magazine Catch

- WA Metal Selector

- WA Metal Forward Assist

- WA M4 Speed Buffer

- WE Complete Bolt Carrier ( Negative Pressure )

- RAS Low Profile Rail Cover

also and you please tell me if the g&p gas mags are ok? a friend of mine has 8 and every one of them is leaking gas. :\

I meant that the g&p woc is actually an WA gun with some goodies on top:

also and you please tell me if the g&p gas mags are ok? a friend of mine has 8 and every one of them is leaking gas. :\

It isn't a WA gun at all any more - The original first run G&P WOC's (WA Official Customs) were G&P externals with WA internals. Since then, G&P have begun producing the entire product themselves and the WOC name has remained - The entire thing is built and made by G&P. G&P also produce the full range of steel parts that you'll likely want to install sooner or later in the fire control group - The G&P Mk18 uses Aluminium parts for the FCG.

As for the G&P mags - The STANAGS are appalling, and follow the original poor design of the WA mags, it's nigh on impossible to get them to stop leaking.

Magazine wise in a G&P WOC, you want to use either G&P Pmags (Fantastic design and highly reliable) or Pro-Win Version 2 STANAG magazines, which are also very reliable.

Yeah, the parts are made by G&P for the WA system.

I just got that same gun (V5), and the internals are pretty good, except for the bolt catch, which I recommend you change right away (decent steel replacements are very cheap), as it has a design flaw.

The G&P PMAGs are pretty good, some QC control issues. I had to sand down some of them to fit, but no leaks.

Fox.

Nah, depends on the model. The general history is;

G&P WOC's - G&P receivers/externals, WA internals inc. plastic parts. Rubbish.

Later G&P WOC's - G&P receivers/externals/steel internals, positive pressure nozzle system. Good, but the positive pressure system was pants.

Slightly later still G&P WOC's - G&P receivers/externals/steel internals, negative pressure nozzle - The one I had. Absolutely frikkin' excellent.

G&P WOC-X series - Same as above with aluminium FCG's. Good, but not as good as steel obviously. Designed to be more affordable, but not as long term reliable.

Essentially, any you're buying nowadays rely on retailer description - The DD V5 is a WOC-X, with aluminium internals. As is the Colt 607/Car-15. However, the M16A1 VN is a proper WOC and features all steel internals. The way to tell is to look at the part numbers if possible and compare those to G&P's website, or to directly e-mail the retailer and ask. As long as the gun features a Negative pressure nozzle, you'll be okay, it just varies as to whether the one you'll be buying features steel guts or aluminium.

The ViperTech's are usually very nice guns, but I think the mags are still the downfall of the Magna System. If you don't care that much for internal realism (specially in the trigger set/box), and can achieve the same look externally, go WE. Much less money, mags that work OOTB, are super cheap, reliable, disassemble with one screw. A lot of different bucking brands to try from. And not sure about hop up dialling, but on my G&P WOC, it's a *badgeress* and requires me to take appart the RIS.

Fox.

Archived