King Arms Larue barrel nut

MRF

Hi there.

How the heck can I remove that @##$^&* thing without risk of damaging upper receiver ?

I used WD40 and some circlip wrench, but I didn't move it for a single milimeter. It's tight like hell, and honestly I doubt if any armorer wrench will do the job - I've already found on google that some guy broke his WE wrench in the same attempt.

Anybody ?

If it feels like the problem is that you can't get proper hold of the upper, then here's a trick that I've used. You can attach a vertical foregrip to the rail on the upper receiver, it will give you some leverage. It's obviously best to put it at the very front so that the upper won't twist. I used this method and an armorer wrench made by Guarder to get the barrel nut off a KA M4, wasn't a Larue though. There is still always the risk that the upper will snap.

As long as it isn't glued on, then you would think that it should come off without snapping. The barrel nut was put on there once, the same force applied in the opposite direction should take it off.

King Arms are weird. They filled the flash hider locking screw on my FAL with glue. I had to drill it out.

I'm afraid of the same here :/.

Flash hider on this Larus was also treated with some kind of glue or locktite, but fortunately wrench did the job. Barrel nut seems to be much worse to move, but still thanks for foregrip tip - it sounds promissing.

Archived