Upgraded WE G17 Problems

Robinio

I know alot of people like to tech up their weapons but when it comes to pistols I personally like something that works out the box. I dont see the need for a tight bore cause all my hand gun fight are at close range. Admittedly where TM  are concerned I understand that a metal slide is more a realism thing what with the weight and being able to use green gas but not for the £50 price tag.

My tact master kills it (except in the cold when on 144a, its a pile of suitcase).

As for the WE G17. I would be more then happy to pick one up. The new gen's are apparently alot better even if they do still chug through gas like a madman. I was thinking about picking one up (g17/18 with the tan lower).

Does the WE Glocks wear out fast? how long would and and expected lifetime would one have if used normally?

Had mine for little over a year and it started wearing out in December last year, thats a short lifespan for a gbb.

my WE XDM compact lasted like 100 shots out of the box before catastrophic faliure, but then, with 20 minutes of work, it was alive again and has gone for another 5000 shots without a problem, you just need to know how to work on and repair something, its like anything else on this earth, if you dont know what you're doing, you can only ever break things...BUUUUUT, how do you find out what you're doing? *Hint* It involves breaking things :)
heres my advice, do WHATEVER you want, its your money and your time, either way its a learning experience, if you get the custom build working you gain the knowledge needed for that, if you get and keep a WE working, same thing, so either way you'll be the wiser afterwards

I've cleaned it several times, using silicone spray oil

May I suggest froglube.. Its not the cheapest thing around but works really well.... And it smells like the dentist!!

my WE XDM compact lasted like 100 shots out of the box before catastrophic faliure, but then, with 20 minutes of work, it was alive again and has gone for another 5000 shots without a problem, you just need to know how to work on and repair something, its like anything else on this earth, if you dont know what you're doing, you can only ever break things...BUUUUUT, how do you find out what you're doing? *Hint* It involves breaking things :)

heres my advice, do WHATEVER you want, its your money and your time, either way its a learning experience, if you get the custom build working you gain the knowledge needed for that, if you get and keep a WE working, same thing, so either way you'll be the wiser afterwards

My TM has started playing up. It was suggested to me to clean a certain part that Ive not seen yet but like you said, Im just going to have a go at it. I cant make the gun any worse than it is and its a great opertuninty for learning. I completly agree with your post.

Well... Got my old slide back, and with the stock hammer, now only using an enhanced hammer spring. 

The barrel is still a guarder but the gun works better now, maybe I'll get a bearing for the hammer...

Thanks for all the help, I Guess I'll still buy a new Glock to test some of the parts out but now I have atleast one glock...

Archived