Transition from Paintball to Airsoft- Article?

Jboud18

Well, before I set my adventure off to write a article, I figured lets face the facts and questions about said article. Will it be lengthy? No, 2 Pages. Well written?? Haha ughh maybe. 
I was an okay English student. Everyone has their faults. As for me, I received c's so I am not the best writer but when it comes to something I actually like, lets just say I go all out. I will need a English major/editor to help me. Will there be some humor? Yes, as this is pertaining to stories of MY life. Eventually seeking to go into community newspaper. That part, I might need help on from USA players (UK Players can help to :P).  There will be updates to the article as I get going with it. 
BUT my main question is, will you guys find something like this interesting? I will have this on other forums and I need YOUR feedback. Help me, I'm being optimistic and truthful. So should you.

Write it, publish it, take criticism, improve...profit!

In all sincerity it is difficult to measure interest in an unfulfilled concept, as it could go either way. I don't know anything about you, your writing style or how you plan to captivate readers...so you could have the most interesting subject matter of the decade, and still churn out something of banal calibre. Similarly you could write about paint drying and have it be incredibly stimulating and entertaining. Only way to find out is to write it, and take feedback based on what you've put down on paper.

Ideas are well and good, but the execution is everything.

I would like to add that, given many people in either activity have no experience, or a very twisted perception, of the other... You world really benefit from taking photos of both experiences. Why do you like an AEG or GBB more than a marker? What would a speedball or woodsball player enjoy inside airsoft? How different are the actual players? Are they the same?

Most the articles I've seen usually say, to varying degrees, paintball is a Nancy-boy sport or airsoft is a 12 year old dress up game. Someone actively doing both with a stake in both could have some awesome insights worth reading! It would also lend credibility to whichever one you enjoy more and could serve as a guide in helping people choose one that's better for them.

Just some thoughts. Toodles.

Archived