Receivers?

bOp

Is there some sort of AEG receiver withdrawl? Can't find the G&P Colt receivers in stock anywhere for the last while. Most of the Madbull receivers are all out of stock too.

WGC have a 30+ day lead time on a special order for most G&P receivers, and I was told the same thing by another HK retailer that it could take a month to get the receiver!?

[Edit] Well to make me look dumb, just saw that Redwolf have them with a new title. [/Edit]

The general impression I get is that the market for them has rather died a death.  When such a huge portion of the market is just buying G&G AEGs and not really changing them externally, we're in an environment that's a far cry from the days of everyone putting metal kits on TMs.  The demand for (even vaguely) realistic looking RIFs has definitely taken a steep drop when you look at the stuff ICS, G&P and G&G are pumping out (imho).

I wonder if it has to do with the uptake of GBBRs and TM recoils.  Would the people that were previously upgrading with G&P receivers now just jumping into the TM recoils and assorted GBBRs?  Thus the lower end of the market is filled the semi, non realistic stuff.

I've heard hearsay that CyberGun is clamping down on Colt traded receivers which is why G&P stopped making them and resorted to their extremely ugly MOS receivers.

Is there some sort of AEG receiver withdrawl? Can't find the G&P Colt receivers in stock anywhere for the last while. Most of the Madbull receivers are all out of stock too.

WGC have a 30+ day lead time on a special order for most G&P receivers, and I was told the same thing by another HK retailer that it could take a month to get the receiver!?

[Edit] Well to make me look dumb, just saw that Redwolf have them with a new title. [/Edit]

B0P, if you need help I can try and find the receiver you want in HK, PM me and I'll see if I can help you out.

Thanks intinerious for the kind offer but I got sorted.

I get the impression myself that the likes of the PTS ERG rifles, TM recoils and to an extent GBBRs are having a small impact - quite a few of them come equipped with extra acessories out of the box and nice traded up receivers and such it attracts people to buying them.

I was looking at Ehobby for example over the last few months, and rarely do they restock Madbull receivers and every so often restocked G&P receivers. It's not just receivers, small items that G&P and a few other makes do are all on special order unless they have left over stock.

Looking at the classifed sections on various forums, I see the amount of daily threads is very small. Compare that to 2/3+ years ago the second hand market was full (Flooded?) with goodies. I see more GBBR and recoil parts being sold.

Well that's the root of what you're seeing, you're looking on forums.  People now consider it too much effort to segregate their airsoft information/selling and require it all to be integrated with their feed of kitten videos/birthday comments to people they haven't seen in 14 years.

Archived