Mainspring housing pin stuck on Army R27 MEU

grimmah

Hey people.

I just recently purchased the above mention gun in order to practice a complete takedown, before i decide if im gonna get a high end metal kit for a TM meu down the line.

Ive ran into trouble early, the mainspring housing pin wont budge one bit, Im wondering what im doing wrong, or if Army glues in some pins?

The slide comes of without a hitch, the ambi safety took a bit of force but it came out too, but now the msh pin is really stuck. I use proper pin punch tools and it simply wont move at all. Is there something im missing here? Ive watched several tutorials on youtube, and all of them, whilst not on an Army meu, simply just punch it out with little effort...

So, has anyone taken the Army r27 MEU apart who can give me some advice on how to proceed? It didnt cost me much, $40 + shipping, but i dont wanna ruin it either.

Regards,

grimm

PS. Ive taken other guns apart before, just not Army pistols.

I do use a rubber mallet with the punch tool. I punch from the indented side of the pin, from the side where the magazine release button is. I will try the other side as you suggest and see what happens.

It moved maybe half a millimeter if punched from the convex side.. Then it gets stuck.

Better to leave the post so other can benefit.

Is this a 1911/MEU/Hi Capa style pistol ?

You can push the mainspring housing lanyard loop, if there is one, down into your work surface and then the pin should get freed up from the pressure so it comes out more easily.

Archived