'Hands off' gun ranges in Europe?

hitmanNo2

I fancy doing a bit of shooting (a lot of shooting) and I was hoping to do it a bit cheaper than a return flight to the US.  I'm used to going to a US range, buying a load of ammo and then getting on with shooting without someone peering over my shoulder.  All the places I can see in Europe seem to cater to stag do kind of shooting experience, 10 rounds with this, 10 rounds with this, 5 with that, 1 with that e.t.c.

Is there somewhere like Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia e.t.c. where I turn up, establish I'm not a nutter, buy a thousand rounds (at a sensible cost) or so and burn through it throughout the day?  Or is this too much to ask?

I don't see why insurance and security would be an issue.  In the US, I just give them my driving licence and they give me a gun no problem.  Though maybe that's a problem with the US ha.  They often require 2 people minimum if you don't know them because suicide I guess.

Different countries I appreciate of course but I mean, I figure Europe to be a little more lax compared to the US.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't see why insurance and security would be an issue. In the US, I just give them my driving licence and they give me a gun no problem. Though maybe that's a problem with the US ha. They often require 2 people minimum if you don't know them because suicide I guess.

Different countries I appreciate of course but I mean, I figure Europe to be a little more lax compared to the US. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well dude thats the US where its easier to get hold of a gun that a Kinder Egg!

UK - No unless its clays

I have heard you can shoot a decent selection of guns in the Cezch Republic and Ukraine, though it not sure how lax/hands off it is.

Tbh I think you'll struggle to find a US style range in Europe, if you do let me know asap as thats my next holiday!!

On my phone, my spelling will suck

Ha.  Well, I'll keep this topic updated if I do find anything.  Perhaps we can do an Arnies RS weekend.

I mean, if we get a handful of people up for it, get a special deal on a few thousand rounds, there has to be somewhere that will take our money.  Even if it is a bit more structured, a la Magpul type training.

I'm not too bothered really.  I just want to shoot a lot, not pay 50p/£1+ per round for something basic like 9mm.  Hell, pound a round is as expensive as the UK black market.  All this 10 shots is nonsense.  Like driving a Ferrari for a lap or 2.  By the time you've got accustomed to it, it's home time.

Exactly.

An Arnies RS weekend would be awesome, I *think* there is somewhere in Czech or Ukraine that does do an RS training weekend of sorts with fullbore rifles.

Ill see if I can find the company tomorrow!

I know the feeling. I was in Vegas couple years back, it was $25 for 15 12Gs! I buy 25 here for £4... Suppose they have to make money somehow...

On my phone, my spelling will suck

Archived